Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gorrellag Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2013, 02:58 PM
    Hampton bay ac-552(sku#523-971) fan speed problems, the high speed operates at medium
    Hampton bay ac-552(sku#523-971) fan speed problems, the high speed operates at medium, and medium as low, and low as very low, is the problem common and how do I resolve it
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jun 2, 2013, 04:08 PM
    Either the capacitor or the motor are starting to fail. How old is the fan?

It may be simpler to replace the entire then trying to find components for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I replaced hampton bay three-speed fan switch, now fan is on high speed or low no off [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced a Hampton bay three speed fan switch I put Black onL, Grey on 1, brown on 2, and purple on 3 and now fan only works on high and low after a couple of pulls no off or middle speed.

Where to buy a light kit for hampton bay fan ac-552 sku#523-971 white [ 1 Answers ]

Need to replace light kit, 3bulbs burnt wires smoked. Ordered from tal international, but they sent the wrong kit

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan has only one speed, High. [ 1 Answers ]

There is no pull chain, only a remote. Remote says high, med, low, but they are all the same speed, HIGH. I have changed the batteries in the remote with new batteries. No change. Remote works with all other features, light dimmer, fan reverse, etc. I believe I need to replace the fans remote,...

Can you hook up the high speed wire to the medium speed wire on blower fan [ 20 Answers ]

My blower fan has 4 wires but unit has 3 the high speed wire from blower has nowhere to go what do I do because we have very low air flow

Hampton Bay Fan No High Speed [ 5 Answers ]

I have a remote only Hampton Bay fan, everything works except the high speed, it worked last year.:confused:

View more questions Search