Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zainaali Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2013, 02:44 PM
    Squeaky toy sounds
    Every few days, I hear the sound of a sqeaky toy! It is a singular sound... it does it only once at a time. My husband has heard it, as well. It usually happens upstairs in our house, but it recently happened in my car! We have no dogs and own no squeaky toys. A previous owner of this house did own a dog, however. Anyone else experince this? Any explanations?
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jun 2, 2013, 02:45 PM
    Are there any children, or children's toys in the home?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 2, 2013, 04:07 PM
    Also mice or other rodents can make noises like that.

Jun 2, 2013, 05:05 PM
    Ugh... hope you don't have a rat in your car ;)
    jayanthi1969 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2013, 07:55 AM
    Hi, may I ask... have you found out the source of the squeaky toy sounds? Is it still happening?

It may seem strange but I've had the same experience as you! It started last month when I was in my room reading and suddenly I heard this high-pitched squeaky toy sound... like as if it was just pressed once and let go. We don't have any squeaky toys in our house. It happened again after a few weeks and this time in the car! My husband heard it too so I was not imagining it. This morning was the 4th time and it really freaked me out. It does not sound anything like the sound a rat makes because this was loud and clear and just once.

We are considering calling a priest to bless the house because we think it could be something paranormal even though we have lived in this house for the last 10 years without any incident.

Aug 24, 2013, 04:33 PM
    Well, with an odd noise like that, it's very hard for us in internet land to really pinpoint what could be making that noise. Yes, it could be paranormal... I've heard many times of a high pitch squeal or squeak during a haunting. Who knows.

I'll be honest with you however... in a legit spiritual encounter... I've heard of more failed blessings (where a spirit gets agitated) than of successful ones. It's not necessarily how you deal with an unwanted spirit. But, ease into this at your comfort level.
    2wahoos Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2013, 10:44 AM
    The same thing has been occurring with me and my husband! The first time I was in the house by myself, walking through the kitchen and I heard a sound that sounded just like a squeaky toy. The second time we were 300 miles from home & me, my husband and sister-in-law heard it in her home. The 3rd time my husband and I were sitting in our screened porch quietly reading the Sunday paper and the last time was last Saturday morning while we were lying in bed. Each time it has been very loud but only squeaked once. It has been occurring in approximately 2 week intervals. We did have a beloved Yorkie pass away almost exactly 5 years ago and we keep his ashes beside the bed. My husband does not believe in the paranormal (I am somewhat open minded) but he is at a total loss to explain this. Can anyone help us?

Sep 24, 2013, 02:17 PM
    Explaining something like that could prove to be difficult. It could be a spiritual manifestation... I've heard of stranger things than a squeaky sound.

I do not believe for one second that animal spirits remain after death. If this continues to be a problem for you guys I recommend speaking with a local church.
    Kenster Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2013, 10:50 AM
    For the last few weeks I have been hearing the same thing too, I live in Richmond, TX in a new house. I know it is very weird. I mean these experiences on this board sound just like mine. Now I am very curious too.

Oct 31, 2013, 02:56 PM
    Describe your experiences Kenster...

Oct 31, 2013, 03:26 PM
    Ok, thanks for asking. Well, motion sensor night lights come on when no one has walked by. Lights flourecent and also vanity lights dim from time to time. My friend and I have heard sounds that resemble a light switch come on and off. One time I seen lights as if someone were outside the bedroom window sticking a little flashlight up to the window and moving it around. And now this weird squeaky toy sound from time to time. I could go on and on, but these are pretty much the basics.

Oct 31, 2013, 05:27 PM
    Does the squeaky sound always come from the same place?

Nov 2, 2013, 09:42 AM
    No, my friend and I just heard it again this morning, from the opposite side of the living room and was loud. What do you think it is?

Nov 2, 2013, 12:41 PM
    Well, its hard to say since I'm not there. Could be a rodent? Unless other odd things were happening as well I would hate to think it has to be spiritual... but you never know!

Nov 2, 2013, 01:19 PM
    Thanks for your help. We bought the home brand new a few years ago. Have never seen a rat or for that matter a cock roach. Actually, this is the only place I have ever lived and have experienced so many odd things from time to time. There used to be other people which posted strange happenings from the same subdivision, Lost Creek in Richmond, TX

Nov 2, 2013, 01:42 PM
    Interesting. So people in your same subdivision have all experienced things? Have they mentioned the squeaking? I am a firm believer that neighborhoods can be haunted just as individual homes can.

Nov 2, 2013, 01:48 PM
    Yes, I know. Yes, a few years back I posted about me seeing some weird lights though my bedroom blinds etc... then had several replies that said they lived in the same community as I. However, no names were exchanged, since it was on an internet site. No one mentioned a squeaking noise. One woman said she herd children playing with toys and laughing in her living room, after her bedtime and went in to the living room to find nothing at all. Do you think it could be possible that the land from years ago? My subdivision is about 7 years old. Before that I am not sure what was here in the olden days.

Nov 2, 2013, 01:55 PM
    Yes, I do believe land and neighborhoods can house spirits. I believe when we first moved in to our home that a neighborhood spirit came in to our house. I believe this because our neighbor kid experienced the same things my daughter did. While the history of the land may play a major role in why a spirit(s) is there, you can draw a line at your house. These things don't HAVE to be allowed to manifest in your home... if it really is a spirit that is.

Nov 2, 2013, 02:02 PM
    Hey, I found the links about the one I posted 3 yrs ago and some other odd things from our area if you are interested: Richmond, Texas, Ghost SightingsRichmond, Texas, Ghost Sightings

Nov 2, 2013, 02:57 PM
    Interesting. Well, if it doesn't bother you... just ignore it. If it does bother you, I'd recommend speaking with a local pastor about praying over your home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

This lyrics sounds abit like R&B hope it sounds good: what of this too [ 1 Answers ]

I, is not easy, but you still got to push on Ready, all right Chorus when they say this they say that Do what you do3x when they say this they say that Do what you do

Kids TV show or cartoon where toy's/ toy people come to life [ 12 Answers ]

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'm trying to figure out the name of the show/cartoon where the toy shop closes for the night, and I think there was a real boy/child that slid down a slide or rode a train into the toy store. And the toys come to life. I think there was a dog too. An old man and...

View more questions Search