Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaidencrybaby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2013, 08:46 AM
    Small claims judgment
    I was ordered a small claims judgment in a New York state court against a person who is now filing for chapter 7 bankruptcy in Massachusetts, Will they still have to pay me for the judgment even though I am not a corporate collector?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 2, 2013, 08:53 AM
    That is not a sure thing. What you need to do is dispute it and see what the judge says.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to collect small claims judgment against corporation [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, I live in NYS and won a small claims judgment against a car dealership owned by a corporation. They did not show up in court and have since closed their dealership (but the corporation is still operating other businesses). I want to collect my judgment but don't know how! The clerk's...

Small claims consent Judgment [ 5 Answers ]

In Georgia, can you appeal a consent judgment? I agreed to a payment plan on a suit against me because I did not have the full amount. I did not know there was a statute of limitation. A family member had helped me out 5 years ago and after a falling out sued me for the $2,500. I have made 4...

Small claims judgment against me [ 9 Answers ]

HI... I have an s corp with a judgement against me. Is there any way they can go after my bank accounts?

Small claims judgment [ 1 Answers ]

What can the PA sheriff take to satisfy a credit card debt?

Judgment / small claims [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there. I have a judgment against a person and I'm trying to collect, but when I went to Marshalls and they try to collect from employer but her employer state that she is not making enough money so I can't collect any money. I want to know if there is anyway to find where the person has bank...

View more questions Search