Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karlakay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 12:54 PM
    Shoulder MRI
    I fell four years ago on my shoulder and I finally went in a few weeks ago for an MRI. Unfortunately, my ortho doctor is not answering my questions, so I am in the process of switching doctors. If anyone could help with my MRI that would be great. Impression: 1. Tendinopathy supraspinatus tendon. No full-thickness tears. 2. Chronic anterior labral abnormality of questionable clinical significance. What does this mean and how does one correct it?
    Toddro61 Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Mar 24, 2007, 07:21 AM
    1. That means you have tendinitis of the supraspinatus tendon (one of the four tendons that make up the rotator cuff) #2 - hard to say without the full description (that's probably up above what you're reading) but it sounds like they saw something in your labrum which wasn't completely normal, but it didn't look like anything bad.

Doesn't sound like there is anything there to operate on, so Physical Therapy will probably be your best bet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shoulder issues [ 1 Answers ]

I have two issues with my right shoulder that are bothering me significantly. I plan on going to the doctor once my insurance kicks in in a couple of months, but until then I'd like some advice on minimizing the discomfort. The first is what seems to be a rotator cuff problem. I injured it a...

MRI good with bullet in head? [ 8 Answers ]

Can the head of a person who has a bullet in his head be scanned with MRI (magnetic resonance imaging,) or would the metal cause complications?

Shoulder calcification [ 1 Answers ]

I woke up in the middle of the night last night with excrutiating pain behind my shoulder along my shoulder blade area. I went to the hospital first thing this morning and the doctor showed me my x-rays and said I have "calcification" on my shoulder joint. What does that mean? Do you have any tips...

Broken shoulder [ 0 Answers ]

?? when the humerus fractures at the shoulder, what changes occur that make it difficult or impossible to raise the arm??

View more questions Search