Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Caraphernaliac Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2013, 07:55 AM
    My Ex is Worrying Me
    Okay, so I had a long distance girlfriend a while back, and we didn't see each other a lot, but we made it work and . However, Recently I decided after a few times that she turned down my invitation to come visit me (My parents know we're together, hers don't, because I'm from a town that has a bad reputation. So they think we're frinds) that I should move on. I don't know, I just really still care about her and so last week, I asked her if she wants to take a last swing at making this work. She said to give her time to think, and I said I can't wait longer than a week. Because it'll be stressful wondering about that stuff during exams. Her week ran out Yesterday and I told her that it was over, and she just said a few things which made me feel like a complete . All my friends think I should leave her but mainly because I give 90% of my attention to her if I'm with her, and friends are scared I won't go partying anymore. What they think doesn't matter to me, I just want to know If I should try making this work out or if I should try moving on.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2013, 07:58 AM
    I believe what other people in all personal relationships tell me. If she says she needs time or it's over, either one, I'd believe her.

She is lying to her parents about your relationship because your whole town has a bad reputation? Sounds like a very bad, deceptive start, to a relationship.

Jun 3, 2013, 08:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I believe what other people in all personal relationships tell me. If she says she needs time or it's over, either one, I'd believe her.

She is lying to her parents about your relationship because your whole town has a bad reputation? Sounds like a very bad, deceptive start, to a relationship.
    It's not really that part that bothers me as much, I mean I can understand seeing as 90% of 16 - 18 year old girls here are either pregnant or already have kids. She did tell her parents where I live seeing as she came to visit me, and they wanted to know. The problem is that I'm not sure whether I want her gone or not. She was basically the only girl I've ever felt anything for, and I've been through an odd 70 girlfriends during my life. She was the only one I ever cared about. So I basically need to know if she's the one and if I should try making it work, or if I should try forgetting her? (Which I already have tried and failed miserably at.)
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2013, 09:37 AM
    So you had 70 girlfriends that you never cared about?

Long distance relationships are difficult for many reasons and under the best circumstances. You have a lot of negatives to that long distance relationship. If both of you are not committed 100%, it won't work out and you will have wasted time and energy. You can't be committed 180% to her 20%.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 3, 2013, 10:33 AM
    Forget her, maybe girl 71 is the ONE! Maybe not. For sure she doesn't want to be the one.
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2013, 11:00 AM
    You refer to exams - either high school or college - and 70 relationships with girls you didn't care about. This one, you don't know.

Move on.

Jun 9, 2013, 07:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2011 View Post
    So you had 70 girlfriends that you never cared about?

Long distance relationships are difficult for many reasons and under the best circumstances. You have a lot of negatives to that long distance relationship. If both of you are not committed 100%, it won't work out and you will have wasted time and energy. You can't be committed 180% to her 20%.
    If I could forget her, I would. I've been trying for ages and no matter what, I always end up adding her number again just to stare at her profile. If I could get as far as forgetting her number it would go better. If forgetting her was easy, she would be forgotten.
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2013, 07:44 AM
    Your question was whether to move on. The overwhelming answer was yes.

No contact is the only way - and that includes not looking at her photo.

No one here has a means of erasing memories so the best thing you can do is stay busy.

And most of us have had to forget someone at some point or another.

Jun 9, 2013, 07:48 AM
    You refer to exams - either high school or college - and 70 relationships with girls you didn't care about. This one, you don't know.

Move on.
    I'm in matric now, but also studying for my licenses on my car and bike. Lol, I'm bad when studyings involved. But I did care about the other girls. I just didn't really care about them to the extent where I missed them after the relationship ended. I know I'm young and people say young people aren't ready for these things but I still think that I know enough to get by relationships. I also find it ironic that all my past relationships were with girls who I saw regularly, and I didn't worry about them that much, but a girl who lives far from me can get me this attached.

Your question was whether to move on. The overwhelming answer was yes.

No contact is the only way - and that includes not looking at her photo.

No one here has a means of erasing memories so the best thing you can do is stay busy.

And most of us have had to forget someone at some point or another.
    That's the problem with me. I can't stay busy. When I have half a second to myself I'm looking at her profile again. I feel like I'd be better off without her but I just wish it was easier to shut her out of my life.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 9, 2013, 07:51 AM
    And how is that staring at her photos working for you? You cannot forget something you are staring at and allowing your thoughts to wander as you stare.

When she enters your thoughts actually get up and do something else that's positive and productive and stop being your own obstacle for your own good. Noit not easy but requires work on your part in your own behalf.

Stop saying what you Can't do, and focus on what you can.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2013, 05:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Caraphernaliac View Post
    If I could forget her, I would. I've been trying for ages and no matter what, I always end up adding her number again just to stare at her profile. If I could get as far as forgetting her number it would go better. If forgetting her was easy, she would be forgotten.
    That is fine as long as you understand that adding her number back in and continuing to talk to her are choices you make. And those choices are adding the stress into your life. So you are in total control of this. Cutting ties would end it but you choose not to.

Breaking up hurts but the pain goes away. We have all been there and we have all survived.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Worrying [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 20 year old female who tends to worry and stress A LOT! I worry so much that I can't sleep at night because my mind keeps going. I tend to think a lot about things that has happened to me in my past and that I know I can't change and also about things that are happening in my life now. I get...

Worrying situation.. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi eerybody.. We are in a worst situation ever faced in our life... we need your help.. great help... it will be greatly appreciated... Me and my girlfriend is loving somuch each other... she is always having irregular periods.. she had her last periods on 21st july-2012.it lasted for...

Period is worrying me [ 1 Answers ]

I've been on my period for 11 days now and I'm just 14 what is wrong with me and what should I do if I go to the doctors what will they do to me. I'm really scared please help me?

Is something wrong or am I worrying over nothing? [ 2 Answers ]

My normal temperature is 96.8-97.3, but for about a month now it has been 99. Something. The lowest it has been is just plain 99. I understand that most doctors do not consider that a fever but I feel that something is wrong. I feel like my face keeps getting really hot. I have other symptoms...

Am I worrying too much? [ 5 Answers ]

All right, so I am with this girl who means a lot to me. We had broken up and gotten together before, and have slept together a few times. Right now she is on birthcontrol, and she takes it respossibly every day. We both want to be able to have sex. She is completely ready for it and has no...

View more questions Search