Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daisy1251 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2013, 10:46 AM
    Liens on Houses
    How do I go about putting a lien on a home in Winston Salem, North Carolina? I have a judgement and am trying to get payment.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 1, 2013, 10:54 AM
    Go down to the county recorder of deeds with a copy of your judgment. Ask for the forms to file a lien.

But a lien only prevents the house from selling until the lien is satisfied. Doesn't force them to sell. And if there are already liens there may be nothing left.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jun 1, 2013, 10:54 AM
    Putting a lien on the property won't get you any payment until the property owner either sells or refinances the property. The only way you can get payment through a lien is if your judgment allows you to foreclose on the property.

If you have a judgment and want to collect you will have to follow the law for collections in NC. Here is a website that explains very clearly how to go about collecting on a judgment:

NC Collecting the Judgment - Lawyers.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Liens on houses? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm asking for a friend of mine who lost her job due to an extended illness. She is now getting disability. It's a enough to pay her mortgage. Gas and lights but not enough to pay her credit cards. Can credit cards companies put a lien on her house?

Liens on houses [ 1 Answers ]

20 years ago my parents bought a house in virginai. Now my Mother is trying to get a new house built. My Father died in 2000. While trying to get the loan for the new house it was discovered that there is a large lien on this house since before my parents bought the house. The atterny who handled...

Can creditncards put liens on houses

Mechanics liens and liens against property [ 3 Answers ]

I lent my son in law $10,000 to put down payment on a home about a year and a half ago My question is how do I put a lien on the house and which state do I do it in . I'm in Calif. And the house is isn't Arizona. And do I just record it with the county or court or what?

Anyone know who I can contact to try and remove a lien on my house

View more questions Search