Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashleestewart18 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2013, 02:00 AM
    15 & pregnant by 18 yr old
    Im 15 and pregnant by my 18 year old boyfriend I just found out my mother does not know about the pregnancy but I've looked everywhere for answers and I've heard it was legal and it wasent so I don't know I wish I could help... just to let people no if your having sex with an 18 year old in your 15 don't listing to people if you love him it is not rape people are just retarded these days

Jun 1, 2013, 02:04 AM
    Pregnancy
    Im 15 my boyfriend is 18 and I just found out I'm pregnant what do I do will he go to jail I need forsure answers my mom don't want to press charges and I love him dearly what should I do and how? He already knows about it but don't want to get in trouble someone help please I live in Indiana is it legal there
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 1, 2013, 02:56 AM
    I merged your post from where you posted it because the thread you responded to was almost a year old.

It doesn't matter whether you love your boyfriend or not. You are probably under the age of consent which means that legally it is rape. Depending on the laws where you live, it is possible your boyfriend will go to jail!

The age of consent in Indiana is 16 and there is no close in age exceptions. http://age-of-consent.info/states/Indiana

So yes there is a strong possibility your boyfriend will be prosecuted. Even if mom doesn't want to press charges, your school or doctor may be required to report it or anyone else can go to the police. When someone breaks the law, it is not a requirement that the victim press charges. As long as law enforcement founds out they can prosecute.

You and your boyfriend have been very foolish and now must pay the price.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jun 1, 2013, 08:16 AM
    In your first question you say your mother doesn't know... in the second question, you say your mother doesn't want to press charges.

So... does she know or not?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 1, 2013, 09:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    ... The age of consent in Indiana is 16 and there is no close in age exceptions. What is the Indiana Legal Age of Consent for 2013?
    However, "... The law allows the actor a defense to prosecution if ... if the actor is within 4 years of age of the younger person and the two were in an ongoing dating/romantic relationship. This is not a close in age exception though, but merely a defense in court. ... "

(I disagree that the "not exception but merely defense" distinction-without-a-difference which the writer of the Wikipedia article made.)

Ashleestewart18, were you 15 when you had sex and got pregnant?

Jun 1, 2013, 08:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    However, "... The law allows the actor a defense to prosecution if ... if the actor is within 4 years of age of the younger person and the two were in an ongoing dating/romantic relationship. This is not a close in age exception though, but merely a defense in court. ... "

(I disagree that the "not exception but merely defense" distinction-without-a-difference which the writer of the Wikipedia article made.)

Ashleestewart18, were you 15 when you had sex and got pregnant?
    Yes I was 15 when I got pregbant I still am 15 in pregnant
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 2, 2013, 03:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleestewart18 View Post
    yes i was 15 when i got pregbant i still am 15 in pregnant
    Were you 15 when you started having sex with your boyfriend?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a 150 amp meter panal handel a 100 amp, 40 amp, 30 amp and 30 amp brakers. [ 2 Answers ]

My meter panal is a 150amp panal. I have a 60 amp sub panal coming off it a 30amp to my stove a 30 to dryer and a 40 to the a/c. i want to upgrade the 60 amp sub panal to a 100 amp panal. Will the 150 amp meter panal handel it or do i need to have a 200 amp meter panal installed

Me & my hubby got sex on nov 28 & I got my menstruation on Dec. 12 & I got pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me I'm confused:confused: because my OB says I'm 29 wiks & 4 days pregnant, but it really confused me when is the exact date I ovulate because me & my husband got sex Nov. 28, 2008 then I got menstruation on Dec 12, 2008 & it was my last menstruation but the next date we had sex is on...

18 & pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

I went to the doctor yesterday morning to get a pap smear and birth control. They gave me a pregnancy test and it turned up positive. So I had to go to DHS and other places and do all this paperwork. Last night, I bought a home pregnancy test and the line was very light like barely there. My...

View more questions Search