Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chwey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2013, 10:23 AM
    What 2 year degree can land you a job quickly?
    I am tired of sitting at home eating and sleeping and need to go to community college or something but having trouble picking any program to do in fear I pick will be useless and end up wasting time and money I don't have.

I am signed up for Chemical Technology A.S. Degree but don't take any classes for it. And it's a transfer degree and don't want to go to a uni yett.. so need to switch to something else but don't know what.

I tried the whole looking into the whole hobbies, passions, interests but that doesn't help I don't have any of those.. I just want a job.. and a degree so I can say I accomplished something.

Oh and I guess you can say I am average in all subjects.. nothing stood out.. and guarantee I'mgoing to need remedial classes in everything.

Besides even if I did have a job I know I was going to be stuck in minimum wage for the rest of my life... so I need any sort of degree...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 30, 2013, 11:32 AM
    Does your community college offer a certificate in some aspect of health care? That's a hot career opportunity right now, and will continue to be as the US (and other countries') population ages. Also, the college may ofter a certificate for some form of cooking or as a library technical assistant. Certificates usually take only 15 months or so, less than an A.A. or A.S. Are you a hands-on kind of person?
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Jun 26, 2013, 02:06 PM
    Well first, I don't think there is such thing as remedial courses in college. Anything that you do will require commitment. I used to work at a community college and the 2-year degrees that could land you a job only after 2 years of college were mainly healthcare careers such as dental hygiene and radiologic technician/diagnostic medical sonography. There are other things as well like graphic design, but will require you to do more to get yourself out there.

If you want to stay in the chemical engineering program you could try looking into becoming a quality assurance/quality control lab technician as many of these positions require only a 2-year degree. My best advice would be to talk to a counselor or career services at your community college to help you decide on a program and career.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can someone give me some tips on finding a job quickly this holiday seaon? [ 3 Answers ]

I was seriously depressed in high school and all sorts of problems with self esteem, shyness, confidence, social anxiety and everything so I never thought I was worthy enough to have a job but I'm slowly getting better. Now I'm 20 and have NO job no experience at all. I mean there was this one week...

Master's degree but two felonies and no job. [ 2 Answers ]

Im 28 yrs old. I have a bachelors and masters degree but Ive accumilated two felonies from the same case when I was eighteen years old. I can't get a job what options do I have?

Having a Bachelor degree how can I get a job in Miami of being 67 year old? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a retired banker from Pakistan. I need a job PT or FT just to pass my time

Can my boyfriend get a degree and a decent job if he has a felony? [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend has a felony for attempted murder. He was a carpenter his entire life but just recently had back surgury and can no longer do that kind of work. I'm looking out for our future. I don't want to have to do it on my own. He's 36 and I'm 25 and I don't think its to late for him to go to...

View more questions Search