Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kitty131496 Posts: 18, Reputation: 0

May 29, 2013, 06:56 PM
    How does group therapy differ from behavior modification?
    How does group therapy differ from behavior modification?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 29, 2013, 07:01 PM
    Group therapy can have behavior modification as part of it's structure. Most groups aren't so structured, especially when the members are articulate and able to express their feelings as well as offer good insight and support to each other. But some groups are very structured - and not all structured groups have behavior mod. So I don't know who is asking the question, but it's not really a good one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feel very uncomfortable group therapy -- should quit it? [ 5 Answers ]

I been assigned by therapist go to group therapies kept saying how it will be good experience to talks about how I feel to others besides her. I have gone twice now and I hate it. I am not really 'people person' in the first place. But 2 days ago a lady in there start breaking down and crying about...

How does being a teacher differ from age group to age group? [ 5 Answers ]

How does being a teacher differ from age group to age group?

Can you start therapy with a therapist when therapy has been terminated by them [ 1 Answers ]

I was in therapy with a therapist until today when she terminated therapy because she cannot trust me and so I am wondering does anyone know once I work on that stuff can I come back to this therapist or not she did not make that clear and I need to know. Thank you, Angela Sorenson

Group therapy (obsessions) [ 3 Answers ]

I was having a bad day and this cheered me up so I thought I'd share :D OBSESSIONS A psychiatrist was conducting a group therapy session with four young mothers and their small children. "You all have obsessions," he observed. To the first mother, Mary, he said, "You are obsessed with...

Behavior modification [ 1 Answers ]

My friend is mothering me and trying to make life a competetition and I don't like the way she is acting. She strives too much for attention and I don't know how to tell her. I don't even know if I should tell her or if there is a way to make my actions speak for me. I just need her to...

View more questions Search