Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    14romeo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2013, 06:34 AM
    Ceiling light/fan has dimmer and speed light is turned off power in next room gos ou
    Ceiling fan/light has a dimmer and speed control switch the light dimmer works and the fan speed control works but when I turn the light out the power in the next room goes out why
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 29, 2013, 06:37 AM
    When did this start? Was that other light added, sounds like someone may have tapped into the fans circuit and does not have its own hot and neutral wire.
    engr76vpi Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2013, 09:41 PM
    Sounds like the power to the light in the other room has been supplied off the load side of the switch for the light/fan combo instead of the supply side.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to wire ceiling fan light to dimmer wall swich and not the fan [ 2 Answers ]

PLEASE HELP I already have the dimmer swich in wall to the ceiling fan. It worked great till I had to replace the fan pull swich the all went south. The ceiling can light fixture came unwired when I was woriking with the fan swich and have no clue were the blace and white wires go I wired the...

Adding a light kit to ceiling fan w/ light & dimmer switch [ 6 Answers ]

I would like to add a light kit to a ceiling fan(cannot find a name on it) that is currently hooked and working up in our family room - since we moved in 6 years ago (house was built in 1991). I would like this to operate like our bedroom ceiling fan (which already has a light attached) and...

One power source to fan need dimmer for light only [ 2 Answers ]

I have one switch to my fan junction box. Does anyone know of a remote that I can install in the junction box that will allow me to dim the light? I found one that will allow me to turn the light on/off (by Hampton Bay) and control the fan speed, but I need to control the light brightness.

Ceiling fan remote control coverting to light/fan dimmer [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently remodeling my home and am coming across a major problem that NO ONE seems to have an answer for. I have two ceiling fans that operate via remote control. The rest of the ones in my home are the popular "pull down" chains - and those work prefectly with the new fan/light dimmers...

Trouble with ceiling fan on a dual fan/light dimmer switch [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a new Harbor Breeze ceiling fan and dual fan/light dimmer, also from Harbor Breeze. Unfortunately, now I'm scratching my head... Do I have a bad dimmer switch? Here's the problem: 1. The light will turn on only when the fan speed on the wall switch is set to high. 2. When...

View more questions Search