Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jkayc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2013, 06:44 PM
    Contract sale of property quit claim
    We currently hold a contract on property but the buyer is in default. We think he really would like to get out from under it because he is recently re-married and started getting behind in contract payments after marriage. I want to offer him a quit claim deed and I believe he will sign it. Is this all that is necessary if I put the same property description in the quit claim deed and then have it recorded at the county courthouse? I have looked at some quit claim deeds and they say "for the sum of ...." I don't want to give him anything. Can I leave that sentence our of quit claim deed?
    Thanks for your help.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

May 28, 2013, 06:47 PM
    You have to put in an amount. A deed is a document that signifies a sale of property and if you don't put in an amount it won't be a valid deed.

You can put in $10.00 and that will satisfy the requirement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quit claim question regarding contract for deed [ 2 Answers ]

Seller is requiring me to sign a quite claim deed property is Indiana (they said it will release me from liability) back to them? Is the legal? As a note, nothing has been recorded regarding this contract for deed Thank you

Is a quit claim deed contract [ 3 Answers ]

In the state of Florida (Gulf County) Father died in 1980--leaving family home--(there is no Will) the house is built by father and all offspring. Father enticed his offspring (siblings {5} total) to help in this endeavor to build a "Family Home which they and their offspring to come would always...

Bargain & Sale Deed vs Quit Claim [ 1 Answers ]

I own a home with my ex boyfriend. He has agreed that he wants no proceeds from the sale of the home when it is sold. I am not planning on selling for many years however I would like to get him off the deed so if he does change his mind down the road he will not be able to claim against it. Which...

Quit Claim Deed vs. Basis Sale contract [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I own a condominium 50-50 with a friend of mine. He wants to buy a house on his own and sell me his half of the unit so we can take his name off the current Mortgage. 1- I applied with our original Lender to "buy him out" and they proceeded with a refinance for me to pay the full...

Seller Does a Quit Claim Deal after Contract signed [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Guys, Myself and the seller signed a contract to purchase a property here in Palm Beach on November 15, 2008 to close on this December 10. But I have recently found out that this seller did a quit claim deed handing the property over to his corporation on November 21, 2008. Which makes the...

View more questions Search