Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coryabt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2013, 11:49 AM
    Adding an height adjustable surface to my desk.
    I'm trying to hack my existing desk to make it a switchable sitting/standing desk. In order to do this my best guess is to add a secondary top and make that top adjustable in height. Is there some kind of lever device that I could implement to move the new top up 10-12 inches (and then subsequently back down)?

The existing desk is a large executive.
    66" x 36"
    30" height

Trying to achieve about 42" working height.
    Approx. 20-25 lbs. of equipment on the surface that needs to travel during actuation.

Check out some similar questions!

Rolltop desk down and locked cannot unlock it with key antique lawyers desk [ 1 Answers ]

I have an antique lawyers roll top desk and in the process of oiling it we pulled the roll top all the way down to the closed position and it locked. We tried to unlock it with the key but the key will only partially turn and not move the mechanism( which seem to be horizontal rods inside the...

A cube of side l rests on a surface . By what height will the centre of mass of cube [ 1 Answers ]

A cube of side l rests on a surface . By what height will the centre of mass of cube rise if a bullet is fired with velocity v at a length 2/3l from the surface.

Adding height to existing concrete slab (outdoor patio) [ 1 Answers ]

I have read on this site the procedures for pouring new concrete over existing concrete slabs and understand the importance of making sure the new concrete adheres to the existing. Assuming the proper use of rebar, can approx. 2 inches of gravel be used on top of the existing slab to reduce the...

Find the surface area of S of a cylinder 9 in base and 4 in height. 3.14 for pie? [ 1 Answers ]

Find the surface area of a cylinder? 9 is height. 4 is radius. Pi is 3.14.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.