Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2013, 08:39 PM
    Microcode update
    I've installed a new processor and getting a microcode update error,I've downloaded a lot of update files and they do nothing.so if there's anybody that can give me step by step info on updating my processor I'd be very thankful.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 27, 2013, 06:28 PM
    It may be possible that there is nothing wrong at all. Here is something I found related to it. And according to what Im reading its normal.

Error Indicator on "Update Microcode Device" in Device Manager Though No Problem Is Evident

The Microcode Update Device, which by default is a hidden device, provides the latest microcode updates for the CPU if the BIOS is not up to date. The Microcode Update Device driver loads at startup and checks the processor. When the Microcode Update Device determines that the BIOS information is in fact up to date, the device is unloaded from memory to free up resources. If you then specify Show hidden devices, Device Manager displays an error indicator even though the device is working as designed.

For additional information%1, click the article number%2 below to view the article%2 in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

Description of the Microcode Update Device
    Back to the top | Give Feedback

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Block a Single Windows Update with Auto-Update Enabled [ 7 Answers ]

One of the Windows updates sent out on 10/13/09 caused a problem on my XP system (very, very slow operation of all functions). After a System Restore to a date prior to the update download, the problem was gone. After another Auto-Update, the problem returned. I know I can update...

Window vista update (KB968389) is a bad update, how can I update my vista? [ 2 Answers ]

August 11, 2009 window vista update KB968389 is a bad update for my computer. After trying to install it, my configuration only gets to 3 out of 3 and 0% then keeps on restarting over and over. It won't stop restarting unless I turn my computer off. I had to do a restore to my drives to get it...

How to update AVG antivirus Update to computer,which is not connect with internet [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Computer (No.A) is connected with internet. So I can get the update automatically. But, Computer (No.B, and No.C ) is not connect with internet. But we use the flash Drive and 3 1/2 Floppy disk. Without antivirus software, No.B & C can get the virus. Already having the antivirus software...

Update [ 13 Answers ]

I just got home from the dr appointment. I was schedualed to see a nurse practitioner, but they had me see my dr who was in the office anyway. He said everything is normal... lol... I'm so relieved. The reason he gave for the discharge was because of double the hormones. The contractions are normal...

View more questions Search