Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    14cwelch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2013, 03:33 PM
    Can someone please help me with this stoichiometry problem?
    A beaker containing 3.400g of Hexane (C6H8) gas is combusted inside a cubic sealed chamber which measures 13.78 inches on each edge. The chamber's interior temperature was 75.00 degrees Fahrenheit before the combustion reaction. The container had an interior pressure of 1.000atm prior to the combustion. The air in the chamber was 20.000% oxygen by volume prior to the combustion reaction. After combustion, the interior temperature rose to 91.00 degrees Fahrenheit.

1. Determine the limiting reactant in the combustion reaction. How many leftover grams of the excess product remain? (should equal 0.3808g excess)

2. Determine the final pressure in the chamber after the combustion reaction in mmHg. Remember to account for the Oxygen used in the combustion and the gaseous products generated in the combustion. Assume that any water formed as a reaction product is vapor. (should equal 820.4mmHg)

Useful Facts: 1in = 2.54cm; 1000cm^3 = 1.000L; C= 5/9(F-32); PV=nRT; R=.08206L*atm/mol*K; 760mmHg = 1.0atm

I already figured out how to do the first one but the second question is confusing me so if someone could show me the work they used or explain to me how to answer it, that would be great.

Check out some similar questions!

Stoichiometry Problem [ 1 Answers ]

If 3.45 moles of table salt react with 98.6 mL of sulfuric acid, what is the limiting reactant if the density of sulfuric acid is 1.13 g/mL? How much sodium sulface would you produce?

Stoichiometry [ 2 Answers ]

8 moles of fe(no3)3 reacts with Cu2(Fe(cn)6)to produce Cu(No3)2 and Fe4(Fe(CN)6)3 What is the mass in mg Cu(No3)2, can't get set up, calculated the molar mass 91 grams, can convert to mg, what am I not doing, trying to help my niece, I have not gone to school in a lot of years, can't see what...

Stoichiometry [ 1 Answers ]

How do you calculate the mass in grams of stuff like molecules moles atom's and formula units?

Stoichiometry [ 1 Answers ]

A test tube weighs 10.72g when it is empty, and 13.22g with the potassium chlorate/potassium chloride mixture placed in it. After heaating the test tube until a glowing splint does not re-ignite, the test tube weighs 12.93g. I need to know: How many moles of oxygen were produced? How many...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.