Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajssap Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 05:21 AM
    H1B visa - tax issue
    Hi All

Is it if you are on H1b visa, you have to pay tax even though you don't have any job.

Guide

Rgds
    AJ
    WonnaKnow Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 06:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ajssap
    Hi All

Is it if u r on H1b visa, u have to pay tax even though u dont have any job.

guide

rgds
    AJ
    You pay tax on your earnings. If you are not earning anything then you won't need to pay tax. Your H1 sponsor suppose to pay you a salary whether the company has work for you to do or not, otherwise they should provide plane tickets for you to return to your home company.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax filing for H1B Visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I came here on H1B Visa from India on 7th August 2006 and might be staying this complete year also... Actually I came here through one of the Indian Company and have got my W4 from them. Kindly let me know what will be my status & which form should I have to fill. Will I be Non-resident...

H1b visa first year ->tax form [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Atlanta Tax Expert: It's nice of you helping so many people on the Ask Me web. I also have something needing your answer I'm single, holding H1B visa. I came from China on Sep14th,2006. According to the treaty between U.S and China governments, my tax was waived last year ,however the...

H1b Tax issue [ 5 Answers ]

This is the first time I am filing taxes on my H1b so I have a few questions... please bare with me if they are really fundamental :o 1. As I gather, I am a resident alien (SPT passed), so I must file a 1040 and not a 1040NR or 1040NR-EZ, am I correct? 2. What is the difference between a...

Tax Advice for H1B worker with spouse on F1 VISA [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently working on an H1B VISA since October 2005 and my wife is studying on an F1 student VISA. I pay my wife's educational expenses such as tuition fees, books, laptop, rent (we stay in different cities) and living expenses. My wife does not have any earnings of her own. Can I...

Tax exemption for H1B visa [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am a china citizen. But I got the US H1B visa stamp from non-tax treaty country-singapore because I work there. Am I under tax exemption because of china citizenship? Or not because my visa stamp is from singapore? Thanks

View more questions Search