Ask
    8551T Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2013, 08:27 AM
    What is the best way to jack up a sagging porch on 2 story home
    Need to jack up a porch about six inches
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 26, 2013, 08:48 AM
    Two story porch too? Can you describe the size and what's on top? Also what's below ground, if you know? Can you see concrete at ground level or slightly below, if you move some grass?
    Jacking up a big enough porch can be risky, so I'll let the building trade people answer, but please describe in more detail.
    Also, does it really need 6" or is some of that slope by design, for runoff?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 26, 2013, 09:54 AM
    That is a lot to lift. Footing dropped? There must be some separation with a 6" drop. One end or across the whole porch?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2013, 11:21 AM
    Joy and Brian both touched on some of the points we need so we can help you.

Size of porch/deck.

Location of support posts and girders.

Are footings below the frost line?

If possible, a picture would help.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Older zu spayed I have doggy door goes to porch npees on porch. Help [ 0 Answers ]

I have older female shi tzu spayed .She pees in every room in house. I take her out side and she has a doggy door to porch and one to outside run. She insists on going pee and poo on the porch. I have two other shi tzu's and they both go out. If I am in my chair she will ask to go out but if I'm...

Single hvac for 2 story home [ 6 Answers ]

We are looking at purchasing a new home. Is a single system enough to cool a 2900 sq ft 2 story home? It looks like it is a newer (and large) 13 seer unit. Is it possible to convert an older home (20+ years) to zoned? Thank you! Al

How to jack up sagging floors [ 5 Answers ]

I need to jack up the main beam of a two story house about 1" to 1- 1/2". Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks, Ted

Jack up sagging beam, or reinforce as is? [ 1 Answers ]

We have a sagging beam over the middle of the kitchen that is supporting a heavy roof and wall load above (1983 construction). Opening kitchen ceiling, we found a substandard beam composed of nine 2X4s (arranged three up and three wide) attached to each other vertically by some metal mesh...

Older home, sagging floors [ 1 Answers ]

Hello We're looking at an old 3 level (walk up attic) Victorian, early 1900s. Structurally, it appears to be sound, solid foundation, straight lines, etc - however, a couple of the floors sag - the dining room on the first floor, a bedroom on the second. They are both solid however. An...

View more questions Search