Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liliesandroses Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2013, 02:12 AM
    Parents argue - calm mom down?
    Hi. I'm 12. My mum and dad have fights a lot - like divorced people kind of fights. Mum wants dad to get a flat. I have two younger brothers- 9 and 7. The one who is 7 has a form of autism - Asperger's syndrome. He doesn't understand. The 9year old just wishes it won't happen. Don't say this is just a childish worry - Mum actually locked Dad out (not the first time) on Christmas Eve and he had to go all the way to Devon (where my grandparents live) in the middle of the night. We live in Birmingham.
    My mum smokes and drinks. Dad doesn't believe in doing that. Nor do I. Mum has 10 a day - and will often have a glass of wine too. Don't think she is abusive - she is the loveliest person ever for my mum, but she gets so angry with dad. But it's when she's had the wine she gets angrier. Not to me, to dad.

Please help me. I don't want my parents to get divorced. Talking doesn't work. If anyone reminds mum about what happened - well, it happens again. I've told dad how I feel but it isn't his fault, and he is upset about anyway. Please give me ways to help calm mum down. I've tried to get her to stop smoking - she won't. She says she doesn't drink much. She might have a low alcohol tolerance. I don't know.

Thank you so much for reading all of this. It's the one place I can share it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 26, 2013, 02:15 AM
    They have to solve own problems, you need to stay out of it, do not take sides and do not get involved. They have to want to solve issues
    liliesandroses Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2013, 02:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    They have to solve own problems, you need to stay out of it, do not take sides and do not get involved. They have to want to solve issues
    I don't want to be rude but basically I have to let my dad get kicked out every week? My dad always said that you can't reason with an unreasonable person - and mum is the definition of unreasonable.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 26, 2013, 02:29 AM
    Your dad lets himself be kicked out, You are 12, so sorry, you are a child and can no NOTHING about this, except cause or make it worst. If you did did not want to leave the house, he just does not go, he makes his own choices,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mom died when I was 15 and I want to find her birth parents [ 4 Answers ]

My mom died when I was 15 she was born in 1963. I want to find her birth parents her adoptive parents don't talk about her and they treat us differently then their other grand kids.

Parents divorced.live with mom.She has no will.If she died,can I choose where to go [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 13.My parents are divorced.My mom has full custody of me.She does not have a Will written out yet.If she dies while I'm still 13 or even 14 can I choose where I live or do I have to go with my father?

Do parents of a teen mom have rights? [ 2 Answers ]

The baby's father is 22, while I am 18 and I live with my parents in Texas. The baby's father would like to come and see the child whenever he can. (paternity has been estashblished). My parents do not really like him, although he is a good father and pays child support. Because I live in their...

People that argue over everything [ 1 Answers ]

I have a friend and sometimes I just do not feel like talking to her because she argues over quite literally EVERYTHING. I can tell her that I played a cool new game today and she will try and start an argument about why it is a bad game. All I want to know is why do people like this feel that they...

She gets upset and we argue. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi how is everyone doing? Let me give you a brief synopsis of what's going on. My girlfriend and I have been together for about 15 months now and things are going great and they still are, but we tend to argue on average about once a week. Now this has been going on now for the last year or so,...

View more questions Search