Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

May 25, 2013, 06:28 PM
    Widescreen and fullscreen dvds
    When they first started making dvds, you had a choice between fullscreen and widescreen, I preferred fullscreen. Now widescreen seems to be the only kind Does anyone know why fullscreen dvds seem to have been discontinued? I'm glad newer dvd players have a zoom feature to get rid of the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 25, 2013, 06:32 PM
    Most tv's these days are widescreen so there really is no need to format the DVD's 2 ways when the majority are watched on flatscreens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Playstation 3 widescreen [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a way to change the different size of widescreen on my ps3 there was on my ps2 could someone please tell me step by step ?

Sears TV gone widescreen when its not [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a sears model 774 15481 color TV that all of a sudden went to wide screen although it is not a wide screen TV. The problem occurred after hooking up a digital cable box and pressing some combination of the remote buttons on the cable remote. I have unhooked the cable box but the screen...

Widescreen Monitor [ 5 Answers ]

My computer has a graphics card which supports resolutions up to 1280 X 1024. Is this sufficient to support a widescreen monitor with a resolution of 1440 X 900? :confused:

View more questions Search