Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GigglyGabby25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2013, 12:45 PM
    How can I be skinnier?
    Hi, I'm a 17 year old junior in high school and summer break is about start. I weigh 195 pounds right now and I want to at least be 150 by the time my senior year starts. I've tried the whole starving myself thing, but that didn't work. At all. I just want to go into my senior a whole new changed person, how do l do that?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 25, 2013, 12:49 PM
    There are no healthy diets that will make you lose 45 pounds in a few months.

You need to eat healthy, and exercise. Try eating 6 small meals a day, instead of 3 large meals. No junk food, no pop, eat healthy. How often do you exercise? An hour of exercise a day at least, more will produce quicker results.

Healthy weight loss is around 2-4 pounds a week. More than that and you'll gain it back, and more, after you stop the fad diet. Starving yourself will make you lose water, not fat, and as soon as you start eating again, you will gain the weight back. Not to mention that it's extremely unhealthy.

Talk to your doctor about this, he/she can give you a list of healthy foods to eat, and exercises. Swimming is a great way to lose weight, and a perfect activity for the summer.

Good luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 25, 2013, 07:52 PM
    No, way, you did not get 45 pounds over weight in a few months.
    But you start becoming a new person, by becoming one. Cut out most meat, do not eat canned foods, only fresh. No fast foods, lots of veggies.

Start an exercise program, walking, and latter jogging. Is a good start.
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

May 25, 2013, 09:57 PM
    Don't take pressure. Start doing yoga, eat veggies, avoid oily and greasy food.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 25, 2013, 10:41 PM
    Starving yourself is only going to cause you to gain weight as your body goes into starvation mode and holds on to every calorie it gets.

You didn't put the 45 pounds on overnight, so you aren't going to lose it overnight.

You need to make healthy choices, eat healthy and exercise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search