Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kirlu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2013, 05:02 AM
    Funnel sinking in water
    A funnel measuring 8 inches in diameter at the wide end, and 1 inch at the narrow end, is descending through 68 degree Fahrenheit fresh water, wide end pointing down, from a depth of 100 ft. to 200 feet at a speed of 1 foot per second.

When it passes the 200 feet mark, what is the velocity of the water exiting the narrow end, its pressure, and its flow rate? Please suggest / show the appropriate formula for the computation.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 25, 2013, 05:10 AM
    Here's how homework "works" on AMHD - and it's posted policy.

You post your formula and your answer.

Someone comes along and reviews it.

You learn absolutely nothing if we do your work.

You can always ask your professor for help or open your textbook.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it illegal to use a drinking funnel that reaches from a second story window [ 4 Answers ]

Is it illegal to use a drinking funnel that reaches from a second story window (of an apartment) to the ground outside if you are still on your own property outside?

When you have a inverted thistle funnel with a semi-permeable membrane around it [ 10 Answers ]

When you have a inverted thistle funnel with a semi-permeable membrane around it and you place a 2M solution in it and you place the thistle funnel with solution in a container of pure solvent, why does water stop moving upwards rather than continue moving upwards? I know it has to do with osmotic...

Sinking water level in toilet bowl & smell! [ 7 Answers ]

I am hoping someone can help me! This all started with an odor in a room that shares a wall with the bathroom. The bathroom, however, does not have an odor. The sewer vent goes through the wall in between, but I have cut into the drywall where the pipe enters the room and there is no smell. It...

Funnel [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anyplace I can order a funnel that must fit into a 5/16" hole. I have trouble refilling my fancy olive oil bottle and spill it often

View more questions Search