Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    duckythekat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 10:30 PM
    Math word problom
    Suppose you have two numbers. The difference of the two numbers is 12. The product of the two numbers is 17. Multiply the larger of the two numbers by 100, add 50 times the smaller number to that, round the total to the nearest whole number, and that's my price."
    asterisk_man Posts: 476, Reputation: 32

Mar 23, 2007, 05:58 AM
    you have two numbers;
    a and b

the difference is 12
    a-b=12

the product is 17
    ab=17

price = round(100a+50b)

solve the first equation for a
    substitute into the second equation
    solve this for b
    substitute into the first equation and solve for a
    substitute a and b into the price equation
    done!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Math Word Problem Help [ 1 Answers ]

Please any help would be great. A guy wire is needed to secure a pole. You have a wire the length 25 feet which could be used. The latch to which it will be secured on the ground is 10 feet from the base of the pole. How high up the pole will the guy wire be attached if you choose...

Math word problem [ 7 Answers ]

Each year a computer part is worth about 3/4 of its value the previous year. Now a certain part is worth $90. What was its value two years ago? :-/ Would this be 135 dollars?

Math word problems [ 3 Answers ]

A fire truck parks 16 ft away from a buliding. The fire truck extends its ladder 30 ft. How far up the building from the truck's roof does the extension ladder reach?? :P :-/

Adding a word and its meaning to Word Dictionary [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I know how to add a word to the existing system dictionary in MS Office 2002. Now I need to know how to add a meaning to the new word which I added into the dictionary. Can anyone suggest the procedure. Thanks in advance. SAI

View more questions Search