Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dannymarkboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2013, 05:33 AM
    Phone debt
    I went and got a contract phone for my mum around 6 years ago believing she would pay it on time. I didn't know that she stopped paying it and so they sent it through to a debt collecter since then she made a payment of 50 pounds and then stopped paying. So the debt collector then passed it onto a solictor who have put a ccj in my name and taken money out of my account so I phoned up and they said they have received a couple payments from my mums account and they have said my mum wrote to the debt collector who first delt with it. Since then I have left home and now looking to renting privet with my other half but have found out that I have a ccj agasint my name its going to be hard for me to rent if there's anyone who could give me a bit of info I would be most grateful?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 23, 2013, 06:55 AM
    If you signed the contract, then you are responsible for it. But generally such contracts expire after 2 years. You need to get a copy of the contract and review it.

Not sure what a ccj is (remember this is an international site and local abbreviations may not be known) but any blemish on your credit could affect your ability to get housing.

What you need to do is work with mom to either get the contract in her name cancelled. It will need to be paid up first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Land phone repairwhat to do when the phone line from phone needs a new plg [ 2 Answers ]

Why isn't my modular plug working from my phone

Is credit card debt open account debt or a written agreement debt? [ 16 Answers ]

I am currently fighting a credit card debt action filed against me by Unifund. The issue is whether credit card debt is open account debt subject to 3 year SOL in the State of Washington or a written agreement debt subject to 6 years. I asked the same question on another forum and received an...

Cell phone debt [ 2 Answers ]

If I have had a cell phone debt out standing, and it has been 9 years, what does the statute of limitations say about that? Does not their {cell company} have an insurance company that would have paid that by now?:confused:

View more questions Search