Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    probdeals Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2013, 06:19 AM
    How can I understand this breakup?
    After my girlfriend broke up with me I convinced her we should try again and then broke up with her days later. It was hard on me but she was sending messages about her heartbreak constantly. I offered to make amends again if she was willing to sacrifice and compromise with me. No response, but some late night texts that let me know she was hurting.

A week later I came right out and said I want her, need her and want to make this work. She responded a week later that my reasons for breaking up were just and that she is just going to be alone. She stated that work is going well and she is enjoying spending time with her kids. I told her this wasn't what I wanted to hear but was prepared for it since it took days to get a response from my gesture. I have not made contact since this conversation but wonder if she is possibly playing games or should I just completely give up hope?

One thing I have noticed is that while her time on Facebook was a big impediment to our relationship, she has gone for 6-10 posts a day to 1-2 a week. Advise? Input?

Let me also interject that when she told me all was good I stated that I am happy for her and the fact that she was content, to which she responded "no, I'm not content."
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

May 22, 2013, 06:32 AM
    I can never understand why when people ":break up" they continue to communicate right after. You need to separate from each other for a while instead of keeping the wounds open.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2013, 07:06 AM
    Eh drama!! Why do you want this much drama in your life? Move on and find someone else. Or take time off and have fun. Bottomline is you all crossed over the we have to have drama all the time line. It's hard to get back to a drama free relationship at that point.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 22, 2013, 07:15 AM
    Make this a clean break until the dust has settled because all you are doing now is stirring up confusion. Ever try to figure things out through confusion and mind games? You generally draw the wrong conclusions.
    probdeals Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2013, 08:18 PM
    After the dust has settled
    A couple of months ago I went through a painful breakup. My ex quickly found a new boyfriend. After a month of no contact she called me texted me last week and asked if she could call to make arrangements to get me a few items back. It was a hat, a couple pairs of boxers and a golf shirt. Appears to have been an excuse for contact She mentioned we could meet at lunch rather than her leave them on her porch as we did soon after the breakup. I mentioned scheduling would be difficult last week and she should give me a call this week to set something up. Now it is next week and I am wondering if she will call or if I should call her. Thoughts.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 1, 2013, 08:28 PM
    We don't know if she will call you, but you should NOT contact her. Keep the no contact going. Keep busy. If she contacts you tell her that the break up is still too fresh to meet up and that you would rather keep your plan that she drop the items off when you are not available.
    lightning14j Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2013, 10:20 PM
    It depends if you still like her or not and to what level you like her to
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 1, 2013, 10:38 PM
    Tell her you don't need the items and do what she wants with them. She has a boyfriend now, and maybe this is an excuse, but don't play that game and fall into more misery than you are already in. No excuses. If the items were so important, you would have got them when you broke up.

No, I would not call to set up anything with her, nor would I have anytime for her.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2013, 07:21 AM
    You miss her she sees you but you both know it won't work. You seem to be wanting to make it work but on your terms and it seems she would rather be alone
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2013, 08:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lightning14j View Post
    It depends if you still like her or not and to what level you like her to
    No, its about respecting her space. Ie is through ugh
    With him and he keeps contacting her its ntot goingto do any good. The ball is in her court
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2013, 12:55 AM
    Now that she already has another boyfriend, there is nothing else you can do but forget about her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advice on post-college breakup. Struggling to cope with the breakup - Please read/hel [ 33 Answers ]

Everyone has their own story so here is mine: My ex-girlfriend and I met in college, dated for all 4 years until recently. We spent almost everyday together, she was my support and best friend. Like any couple, we had our problems, and I was her first ever relationship. I received a job offer...

Help with breakup [ 4 Answers ]

I have been renting with my 3 children for 3 years I left my expartner in the house we own together . The children are getting very unsettled as we have moved 4 times since then ,I just need to know if I could ask him to leave and we move back in I don't know what my rights are please help?

Trying to understand this breakup [ 4 Answers ]

Honestly, I'm not normally much for talking about things, I usually just take stuff as it comes and go with it. But this is bothering me too much and I can't bring myself to talk it out with friends, so here I am. Any help would be appreciated greatly. Some background info: Im 23, met her in...

Breakup [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I had a relationship around 18 months back which lasted for 6-8 months we had planned for everything right from purchasing our house... etc... we never sleep with each other... but due to some family problems (?) she broke.I was just not able to get rid of it & some how mistakenly or...

View more questions Search