Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Katmerritt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 08:32 PM
    State to state
    Hi everyone,

I am a resident of Western NY (Near Buffalo) and am planning on relocating to VA within the next two months. The problem is that I am on Medicaid and Benefits in NY state and also waiting on an appeal for my disability case, which was denied for a second time in NY. I have been at my Mother's house in VA for the past week trying to figure out how to transition everything to a new state. The real problem is that you cannot find out if you are eligible for any benefits until you actually live in another state and actually move everything you have and stop your old benefits and there you are stuck without anything if you don't qualify the way you may have in the old state. Of course this all makes sense... who would think you would have to actually be a resident to get benefits right? Hehe. I understand why the laws are as they are so that no one scams the state... but is there anyone that can give me advice on how Medicaid in VA compares to other states? Or about cash benefits and Foodstamps? I have nothing. No money, no car, no anything. I received FS and Cash Benefits and also Medicaid in NY. I am told they are very different from state to state though. So, there you have it, without getting really into detail I am looking for advice from anyone who has it. It is much appreciated.

Kat
    AltaVista Posts: 70, Reputation: 12

May 15, 2007, 09:59 PM
    I'm so very sorry I didn't see this question earlier - you're probably moved by now. But just in case you haven't, I can give you some info about your situation with moving benefits. Also, I've heard that VA is Horrible for getting SSA disability benefits. I can research this further and send along more information if I know you're still here.
    Best of luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can probation be moved from state to state [ 8 Answers ]

If on probation can you move your probation to another state or do you have to stay in the state that you have probation in.

Last year State tax refund and do I report it this year on the state tax form ? [ 2 Answers ]

I received a state tax refund last year from New York. Must I include that amount as income on my New York return this year?

My State Taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I am a resident of Wisconsin. I was just wondering if anyone knew the phone number I need to call to tele file my state taxes. I also need to know how to receive my personal identification number so that I can file my state taxes.

Federal return collected by state for state liability [ 1 Answers ]

I live in wi and filed married jointly I owe the wisc. Dep. Of revenue money but I have paid off the IRS . I filed my fed. Return electronicly and it was accepded, can the wisc .dep. Of rev. take my fed tax return? Or will my fed return be deposited in my account that I have specified with my...

State to state garnishing [ 1 Answers ]

Can the North Carolina Dept. of Revenue legally seize property, garnish wages or bank accounts of a South Carolina resident? Also, all property, wages, and accounts are in South Carolina.

View more questions Search