Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    instagram_girl Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2013, 08:58 PM
    Middle school dating advice?
    I'm 12 years old and I have been dating this guy for almost 8 months. One day at school everyone wanted us to kiss, so my boyfriend & I did, along with two other couples. I wanted to kiss him again before summer, but I didn't know how to tell him. I told my friend about it so she told him for me. I'm going to his baseball game this week and he knows that I want to kiss him. I want to kiss him there but I don't know how to kind of like tell him. Can you tell me how to make the first move without embarrassing myself?

My friend told me that a guy can tell if a girl is "the one" in a day. Is that true or not?

>Merged Threads<
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 21, 2013, 09:03 PM
    The first move... and the best one, I might add... would be to stop "dating". You are 12, you are not ready for dating yet. Now I know you're going to tell me how wrong I am but I know you're not ready...

How do I know? Well, by this very question that you asked, that's how. You needed a friend to tell your "boyfriend" that you wanted to kiss. You are worried about being embarrassed. You had a group of friends goad you into kissing the first time.

No, you're not ready... 12 is too young to be acting this way and pretending to be an adult.

You are still a kid. Be one and enjoy yourself as a kid. You will grow up soon enough and then you will be sorry that you didn't give yourself a chance to be a kid.

No, it's not true...

It's even more untrue when you're talking about 12 year old kids because at 12, you have no clue what "the one" is.

May 21, 2013, 09:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    No, it's not true...

It's even more untrue when you're talking about 12 year old kids because at 12, you have no clue what "the one" is.
    I know I'm only 12 but she wasn't nessasarly talking about 12 year olds she just said it.

My "boyfriend's" birthday is in 11 days and I didn't know what to get him. He does like sports (really any sports) mainly soccer. Any ideas?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 21, 2013, 09:33 PM
    It's still not true.

Get him tickets to a soccer game.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

May 21, 2013, 10:30 PM
    Goodness, you're 12, you don't need to be kissing especially of someone has to goad you in to kissing.

I'm assuming your friend who told you about knowing if someone is the one in a day is also around 12, she knows nothing about anyone being the one.

Get your boyfriend a poster of his favorite sports star..
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 22, 2013, 02:50 AM
    Do your parents know you are "dating"? If not you need to get their permission first.

As far as kissing. If I understand you, you have been "dating" this boy for 8 months and you kissed ONCE and then only because other children were egging you on to do it? That alone tells me you are too young and too immature to be dating.

The fact is the media is pushing children to grow up too fast. They are instigating children to emulate behaviors more suitable for adults before they are ready. You typify that. You need to enjoy being a child a little longer.
    nicegirl12 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2013, 05:46 AM
    I will help u. take it slow chat with him and when you think its time kiss him. ( I am your age and have been through the same thing) hopefully this is help otherwise bring up the courage on the day and kiss him.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 22, 2013, 06:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nicegirl12 View Post
    i will help u. take it slow chat with him and when u think its time kiss him. ( i am your age and have been through the same thing) hopefully this is help otherwise bring up the courage on the day and kiss him.
    You are not helping. You are encouraging a child to do adult things before she is ready. This girl needs to talk to her parents before she does anything more.
    Dating & Teen Expert

May 22, 2013, 06:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nicegirl12 View Post
    i will help u. take it slow chat with him and when u think its time kiss him. ( i am your age and have been through the same thing) hopefully this is help otherwise bring up the courage on the day and kiss him.
    You are not helping. You're a 12 year old telling another 12 year old how to kiss a boy. It's like a thief telling a potential thief how to steal.

May 24, 2013, 06:12 PM
    Guys
    OK well I have no problem, talking to my boyfriend... I mean its really easy to talk to him and I want to, but I just don't know what to talk about. Now here's one if our convos. Well we were at a baseball game together and there was a bunny so we were talking about a bunny for like 5-10 minutes. Can you help me get ideas to talk about please.☺T.Y.
    Dating & Teen Expert

May 24, 2013, 07:10 PM
    You were talking, for 5-10 minutes. What do you think 12 year olds ought to talk about?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Middle school dating advice [ 19 Answers ]

I've been dating this guy for 2 months. And I don't know if its time to break up. My friends don't like him. I don't know why but he's the nicest guy I know. And a lot of people at school doesn't like him either... I still like him but I don't know how people are going to treat me when I go back to...

Middle school dating advice [ 6 Answers ]

Im 13 and I'm in 8th grade I'm in a play at school The Wiz I don't have a big part I'm just the anssamble and theirs this guy he plays the lion which is really weird because cats are my favorite animal. Me and him always joke around and latley we have always been nere each other like today...

Middle School Dating? [ 5 Answers ]

Okay so there is a boy that I like and he told me that he liked me, but that was like last month so I have no clue... And we were talking today in studyhall and there was laughing and lots of flirting. He texted me first and usually its me who texts first. I want to go out with him and I'm okay...

Middle school dating [ 6 Answers ]

Ok well I'm not sure if I want to date but I like som1 but I really don't want to kiss but id be OK with like holding hands and sitting by each other, but no real dates. Is it enough if I text him 2? And how do I get past all the awkwardness? Help!

View more questions Search