Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 22, 2013, 05:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    we are getting it but can't decode it because of the poorly written posts.
    Yes, the poorly written posts are hard to decode. I didn't get that they were out together and returned together.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 22, 2013, 06:53 PM
    I suspect we are not getting the entire truth.
    mike3489 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2013, 08:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman2007 View Post
    Wow. That was so much better. Thanks!! I don't see a lawsuit against anyone here. It's a case where the 18 year old left the kids that she was supposed to be watching and that girl's vindictive mother reported that the children were left alone. But what she probably did not tell the authorities is that it was HER ACTIONS that caused the children to be alone. The 18 year old was completely responsible for those children. If anyone gets shot down it should be the mother that inflamed the situation. All of the other name calling is a waste of everyone's time.
    so I'm not at least owed my bail money for the trouble we're going through because of their
    This is what happened. The girl came to live with us because she said her family was trying to control her so therefore we allowed to come into home because we wanted to help with the situation. A few days later her sisters came to our home with a police officer and told police officer that we were holding her hostage and that we wouldn't let her leave. They also told police officer that she was mentally retarded she gets to check and did we were prostituting her and had her on all types of drugs which we didn't. The police officer talked to her privately about these accusations and she completely denied them all but now the mother saying that we had her prostituting for us in which we didn't. Now this is the current situation I had to go to work my girlfriend was going to drop me off so we left her there with children. She told her we're about to leave so I could get dropped off at work and I'll be back. She said okay. I had to go pay my car note I had to pick my cousin up so he can get my lawnmower and cut his uncle's grass. After that she drop me off at work at around 10 o'clock then she went back home. My girlfriend went back home the police were waiting there with the kids. The officer asks why were these kids alone. My girl replies someone was here with them. At this time she went through the house looking for the girl and she couldn't find her so she came back and asked my daughter jayzeuna were you here alone she then stated she left ma, anastasci gone. Police of Texas zoo beaches a student and from this one own the girl is texting me telling me she doesn't give a . Yea she left them to be with her family and they not her kids. She also says she is not straightening any thing out as if she informed us that she was leaving. Now that I have typed everything clearly can I get some good advice please. Sorry for the typos before but I am using a mobile device

May 22, 2013, 08:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mike3489 View Post
    so I'm not atleast owed my bail money for the trouble we're going thru because of their
    This is what happened. the girl came to live with us because she said her family was tryin to control her so therefore we allowed to come into home because we wanted to help with the situation. A few days later her sisters came to our home with a police officer and told police officer that we were holding her hostage and that we wouldnt let her leave. They also told police officer that she was mentally retarded she gets to check and did we were prostituting her and had her on all types of drugs which we didnt. the police officer talked to her privately about these accusations and she completely denied them all but now the mother saying that we had her prostituting for us in which we didn't. now this is the current situation I had to go to work my girlfriend was going to drop me off so we left her there with children. she told her we're about to leave so I could get dropped off at work and I'll be back. She said okay. I had to go pay my car note I had to pick my cousin up so he can get my lawnmower and cut his uncle's grass. After that she drop me off at work at around 10 o'clock then she went back home. my girlfriend went back home the police were waiting there with the kids. The officer asks why were these kids alone. My girl replies someone was here with them. At this time she went through the house looking for the girl and she couldn't find her so she came back and asked my daughter jayzeuna were you here alone she then stated she left ma, anastasci gone. police of Texas zoo beaches a student and from this one own the girl is texting me telling me she doesn't give a . Yea she left them to be with her family and they not her kids. She also says she is not straightening any thing out as if she informed us that she was leaving. Now that I have typed everything clearly can I get some good advice please. Sorry for the typos before but I am using a mobile device
    Disregard the txas zoo stuff. It's a typo
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 22, 2013, 09:22 PM
    police of Texas zoo beaches a student and from this one own the girl is texting me telling me she doesn't give a .
    Please re-read that and tell us if it makes any sense at all. I'm starting to believe there is WAY more to this story.

May 22, 2013, 09:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Please re-read that and tell us if it makes any sense at all. I'm starting to believe there is WAY more to this story.
    Ok well I see I'm getting nowhere. I'm done

May 23, 2013, 03:19 AM
    Well that is more understandable than previous notes though its not completely clear. And you have gotten good advice up to this point.

Do you have a copy of the police report from the previous incident? If not you need to get a copy. It will help with any investigation.

so I'm not at least owed my bail money for the trouble we're going through because of their
    You may be. If the girl left your children alone caused your girlfriend to be arrested then a court could hold her liable for what you went through. And her mother could be held liable as well for being the direct cause. But its not a slam dunk. You would need to consult an attorney who can judge from all the facts.

But I say, yet again, this should not be your primary focus right now. If you do file suit, it may be a couple of years before the case is resolved. And even if you win there is no guarantee you will be able to collect anything. Doesn't sound like these people have a lot of money or assets you can attach.

So you need to concentrate on getting your children back and getting the case against your girlfriend dismissed. Once that is all cleared up, then you can talk to attorneys about suing them.
    Uber Member

May 23, 2013, 05:11 AM
    I think I may have mentioned that my spidey senses were tingling - yes, there was more to the story, and none of it terribly good.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 23, 2013, 06:31 AM
    Judy's spidey senses are almost always right. As far as more to the story, I am left wondering if there are drugs involved as well.
    Uber Member

May 23, 2013, 10:12 AM
    And when all is said and done it sounds like they were alone because someone left them so she could be with her family because these are "not her kids."

I also think the Police have had their eyes on this situation ("A few days later her sisters came to our home with a police officer and told police officer that we were holding her hostage and that we wouldnt let her leave. They also told police officer that she was mentally retarded she gets to check and did we were prostituting her and had her on all types of drugs which we didnt. the police officer talked to her privately about these accusations and she completely denied them all but now the mother saying that we had her prostituting for us in which we didn't. now this is the current situation") because the babysitter who left gets some sort of benefits for some sort of problem.

And this is the babysitter chosen by the OP.

May 23, 2013, 10:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    And when all is said and done it sounds like they were alone because someone left them so she could be with her family because these are "not her kids."

I also think the Police have had their eyes on this situation ("A few days later her sisters came to our home with a police officer and told police officer that we were holding her hostage and that we wouldnt let her leave. They also told police officer that she was mentally retarded she gets to check and did we were prostituting her and had her on all types of drugs which we didnt. the police officer talked to her privately about these accusations and she completely denied them all but now the mother saying that we had her prostituting for us in which we didn't. now this is the current situation") due to the fact that the babysitter who left gets some sort of benefits for some sort of problem.

And this is the babysitter chosen by the OP.
    She has a LD. She's in exceptional ed that's all. They have cleared up the case with kids now and are done with the investigation. How now do we proceed with pitting charges on the guilty party
    Uber Member

May 23, 2013, 11:06 AM
    Who do you think is guilty and what do you think that person/those people are guilty of?

Weren't the children left alone? It appears that someone's daughter (yours, hers) said that they were: "my girlfriend went back home the police were waiting there with the kids. The officer asks why were these kids alone. My girl replies someone was here with them. At this time she went through the house looking for the girl and she couldn't find her so she came back and asked my daughter jayzeuna were you here alone she then stated she left ma, anastasci gone...

Please don't ask new questions asking for legal advice when I don't think you answered a single question I asked you.

May 23, 2013, 01:40 PM
    She has a LD. She's in exceptional ed that's all. They have cleared up the case with kids now and are done with the investigation. How now do we proceed with pitting charges on the guilty party
    So DHS has cleared your girlfriend and returned the children to you? So your next step is to have her attorney request that the criminal charged be dropped and bail released. Once that happens, you can see if you will get any part of the bail money returned.

Then you talk to your local prosecutor and see if they are willing to prosecute the babysitter (and possibly her mother) for leaving your children without adult supervision. At the same time talk to an attorney about whether you have a viable lawsuit against the babysitter and her mother.

May 23, 2013, 04:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    So DHS has cleared your girlfriend and returned the children to you? So your next step is to have her attorney request that the criminal charged be dropped and bail releaseId. Once that happens, you can see if you will get any part of the bail money returned.

Then you talk to your local prosecutor and see if they are willing to prosecute the babysitter (and possibly her mother) for leaving your children without adult supervision. At the same time talk to an attorney about whether you have a viable lawsuit against the babysitter and her mother.
    Ok thank you scott

May 23, 2013, 04:08 PM
    Ok thank you scott
    Good luck and keep us posted as to what happens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do we Have a Lawsuit [ 21 Answers ]

We were 4 of the 8 people stuck on a Monorail for 2 hours at pearl ridge mall in Hawaii because the system as well as its back up failed. Afraid and anxious to get to safety we were extracted (rescued) by the HFD.

Is this a possible lawsuit? [ 5 Answers ]

To make a long story short. Im a 26 year old male who decided fun was over time to get serious. Last year I brought a big rig a few months later I got me a mortgage on a noce home. Im rarely home but I strive for joce stuff. Ok to the chase. I do my hardest to make sure all my bills are paid...

Do I have a lawsuit? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello,I'm woundeing if ihave a lawsuite.I think I can sue the local police dept.county jail.news dispatch and my ex employer. I received a 300 adcance frommy ex boss and dident return on time to do the job.hes gets angry and instead of fileing a small claims cause he slanders my name to friends...

Insurance lawsuit vs. Personal lawsuit [ 2 Answers ]

My parents recently are trying to work through an insurance settlement for a car accident involving my brother. He was injured. They hired lawyer to assist with the settlement. A sheriff brought a letter to the others involved stating my parents intent to sue. They had thought it was within...

Do I have a lawsuit [ 2 Answers ]

I got a 2nd degree burn at work changing the fryers. I was improperly trained and we are not supposed to change the fryers while there on but they made me I got burned and they continued to make me work. I didn't fill out and accident report until a week later and they offered no medical attention

View more questions Search