Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mike3489 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2013, 06:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    The "friend" is the one you can sue, for leaving children alone, her mother can not "make" her do anything, since she is a adult.

For the DHS, it appears you left children with someone who is not responisble, and will need to work with DHS on this. But you will need a good defense, (not alibi) you will need to prove your provided someone to watch, and prove what happened.

As long as the girl watching was 18, not younger, most of this falls on her, but then if you knew she had any issues, they may also blame you
    Seems like yal are giving me the downside. I have more evidence going for me than against me. Could someone pleas tell me what's good and will work out for me in this case

May 22, 2013, 06:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    An 18 year old is an adult. A parent can't just 'take' her 18 year old daughter away. I don't see a lawsuit against the mother unless she forced her at gunpoint. The daughter was supposed to stay with the children. The parent is ultimately responsible for the actions of the babysitter.
    that just sounds crazy. How she be resonsible if she agreed to babysit them left without us knowing.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 22, 2013, 06:31 AM
    First, if DHS is deciding the case, why were criminal charges filed? Second, what is the status of the criminal case? Has your girlfriend's lawyer talked to the prosecutor about getting the charges dismissed? Third, if you need to recover what you put up for the bail, then Anastsci is your target.

Quote Originally Posted by mike3489 View Post
    that just sounds crazy. How she be resonsible if she agreed to babysit them left without us knowing.
    No its not crazy. She was given responsibility for the children and she left them alone. You may be able to get the mother included in a suit, but you need to contact a lawyer about that.

May 22, 2013, 06:31 AM
    Seems like yal are giving me the downside. I have more evidence going for me than against me. Could someone pleas tell me what's good and will work out for me in this case
    And I can prove what happened from her text messaged and neighbors witness testimony
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

May 22, 2013, 06:43 AM
    Maybe I should not respond to this but, 1. The mother that took her daughter and left the two minors alone is the one responsible for child endangerment. The 18 year old is an adult. She too is responsible. She was 18. She had the responsibility to care for the children while you were gone. The mother obviously is extremely immature and lacks any sense of responsibility for her actions. All I see here are some really bad decisions by a lot of people. The courts will sort it out. Everyone in this situation needs to stop blaming each other for whatever and look at the real problem... lack of maturity and sense of responsibility towards those kids.

May 22, 2013, 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    First, if DHS is deciding the case, why were criminal charges filed? Second, what is the status of the criminal case? Has your girlfriend's lawyer talked to the prosecutor about getting the charges dismissed? Third, if you need to recover what you put up for the bail, then Anastsci is your target.

No its not crazy. She was given responsibility for the children and she left them alone. You may be able to get the mother included in a suit, but you need to contact a lawyer about that.
    If dhs says she is not guilty then how can the state convict her. And dhs can't sentence you to jail so therefore the court has to. They coincide together on a case like this

May 22, 2013, 06:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman2007 View Post
    Maybe I should not respond to this but, 1. The mother that took her daughter and left the two minors alone is the one responsible for child endangerment. The 18 year old is an adult. She too is responsible. She was 18. She had the responsibility to care for the children while you were gone. The mother obviously is extremely immature and lacks any sense of responsibility for her actions. All I see here are some really bad decisions by a lot of people. The courts will sort it out. Everyone in this situation needs to stop blaming each other for whatever and look at the real problem....lack of maturity and sense of responsibility towards those kids.
    Do you're telling me that by us asking this other adult who lives with is to watch the children while we took care of a few errands then dropping off that we were imature and irresponsible. Like no-one ever needs a babysitter.

May 22, 2013, 06:54 AM
    Do you're telling me that by us asking this other adult who lives with is to watch the children while we took care of a few errands then dropping off that we were imature and irresponsible. Like no-one ever needs a babysitter.
    You're right. You shouldn't have commented with that ignorant statement. And you probably don't have kids. I can tell you don't understand the purpose of a babysitter
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 22, 2013, 07:07 AM
    WOW, talk about biting the hands of people trying to help (believe it or not). Helping often means finding the facts as well as pointing out that you should be more interested in a good defense before you start suing. And Handyman means the mother of the babysitter, not your girlfriend!!
    The parent was the first one deemed responsible here because the police can't go by neighbors (for all they know, the neighbors were supposed to be watching the kids). The babysitter and her mother can be deemed to be responsible in court, not when the police arrive on the scene, and you don't know yet who is/are going to be held responsible ultimately. A lot will depend on how good your lawyer is and how good you are with facts told to your lawyer. Taking you to work is now doing errands too. Fine with me - not judging that at all! This isn't about any of us. This is about you getting your defense worked out.

May 22, 2013, 07:22 AM
    While I disagree with handyman's response, your reaction was uncalled for.

I don't know how much you knew about Anastsci. So I can't judge whether it was irresponsible to leave your children in her care. But an 18 yr old should be responsible enough to babysit. That she proved irresponsible, may or may not be the fault of you and your girlfriend. But it is certainly something that DHS and the court will look at.

However, if DHS drops the case and decides you and she were not at fault. Then your girlfriend's lawyer asks the prosecutor to drop the case and that's what probably will happen.

But the focus here is with Anastsci. She was entrusted with caring for the children. That meant she was responsible for leaving them alone. And she is liable for any damages as a result.

May 22, 2013, 07:25 AM
    Maybe I should not respond to this but, 1. The mother that took her daughter and left the two minors alone is the one responsible for child endangerment. The 18 year old is an adult. She too is responsible. She was 18. She had the responsibility to care for the children while you were gone. The mother obviously is extremely immature and lacks any sense of responsibility for her actions. All I see here are some really bad decisions by a lot of people. The courts will sort it out. Everyone in this situation needs to stop blaming each other for whatever and look at the real problem....lack of maturity and sense of responsibility towards those kids.
    The 18 yr old was entrusted with the care of the children. So she bears the brunt of the responsibility for leaving them alone. Her mother may share in that responsibility if she forced the girl into leaving them alone. The parents would only be responsible, if they knew that the babysitter was not responsible enough to care for the children.

May 22, 2013, 08:09 AM
    While I disagree with handyman's response, your reaction was uncalled for.

I don't know how much you knew about Anastsci. So I can't judge whether it was irresponsible to leave your children in her care. But an 18 yr old should be responsible enough to babysit. That she proved irresponsible, may or may not be the fault of you and your girlfriend. But it is certainly something that DHS and the court will look at.

However, if DHS drops the case and decides you and she were not at fault. Then your girlfriend's lawyer asks the prosecutor to drop the case and that's what probably will happen.

But the focus here is with Anastsci. She was entrusted with caring for the children. That meant she was responsible for leaving them alone. And she is liable for any damages as a result.
    Thank you Scott finally I get some encouragement

May 22, 2013, 08:22 AM
    Well now the mother is telling authorities that we had her daughter prostituting who h is a lie. Can this be used against solely on their word without any proof.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 22, 2013, 08:32 AM
    Nothing can be used in court without proof.
    Character assassinations, however, serve to distract you and wear you down.
    On the other hand, they can work in your favor if the court begins to realize that they are out of hand.
    (One danger is you not knowing what the 18 year old was doing that you don't know about.)

I still wish we knew why she left with her mother.

May 22, 2013, 08:45 AM
    Well now the mother is telling authorities that we had her daughter prostituting who h is a lie. Can this be used against solely on their word without any proof.
    This is interesting. What authorities is she telling this to? Did she volunteer to go to the authorities or was she interviewed by the police or DHS as part of the investigation.

This is also a dangerous accusation. If the daughter corroborates the charge, it could cause problems for you. On the other hand, without any corroborating proof, this will work for you by calling this woman's veracity into question.

And I still wish we knew why bail was so high.

May 22, 2013, 08:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Nothing can be used in court without proof.
    Character assassinations, however, serve to distract you and wear you down.
    On the other hand, they can work in your favor if the court begins to realize that they are out of hand.
    (One danger is you not knowing what the 18 year old was doing that you don't know about.)

I still wish we knew why she left with her mother.
    Well basically she never went any where alone. She with my girl all the time the whole time she was there. They were always over to her grandmother's in which multiple people can verify

May 22, 2013, 09:02 AM
    This is interesting. What authorities is she telling this to? Did she volunteer to go to the authorities or was she interviewed by the police or DHS as part of the investigation.

This is also a dangerous accusation. If the daughter corroborates the charge, it could cause problems for you. On the other hand, without any corroborating proof, this will work for you by calling this woman's veracity into question.

And I still wish we knew why bail was so high.
    They volunteered and called dhs on their own. No one interviewed them. There also texts that I have where she states my girl is a who're and she prostitutes and she doesn't do that her ex gives her money
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

May 22, 2013, 09:06 AM
    Just my humble opinion but what I see here are a bunch of immature, almost adults that nothing better to do than create drama in their lives instead of looking at the simple problem that children are not being brought up in a decent environment. You all need to stop throwing daggers at each other and just think about the kids. Calling each other names only gives the court more reason to consider custody jurisdiction to the State and away from ALL of you.

May 22, 2013, 09:12 AM
    Just my humble opinion but what I see here are a bunch of immature, almost adults that nothing better to do than create drama in their lives instead of looking at the simple problem that children are not being brought up in a decent environment. You all need to stop throwing daggers at each other and just think about the kids. Calling each other names only gives the court more reason to consider custody jurisdiction to the State and away from ALL of you.
    Listen handyman to only way to get my kids back is to pro r my girl didn't leave them home alone. Without proof of that we ha e no fight. So therefore I did what I had to do to get her to admit to it in text messages. Now what do u suggest. Tell me how to get them back without stating and show the truth and no lies to these authorities

May 22, 2013, 09:17 AM
    This is the text she sent me contradicting her current accusation that we had her prostituting.
    Please I don't do to get with her that text me and said she want me bk I didn't want her and I don't need to do for no money I get money without ing Im not Franchesca and musty nigga I stay clean d

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do we Have a Lawsuit [ 21 Answers ]

We were 4 of the 8 people stuck on a Monorail for 2 hours at pearl ridge mall in Hawaii because the system as well as its back up failed. Afraid and anxious to get to safety we were extracted (rescued) by the HFD.

Is this a possible lawsuit? [ 5 Answers ]

To make a long story short. Im a 26 year old male who decided fun was over time to get serious. Last year I brought a big rig a few months later I got me a mortgage on a noce home. Im rarely home but I strive for joce stuff. Ok to the chase. I do my hardest to make sure all my bills are paid...

Do I have a lawsuit? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello,I'm woundeing if ihave a lawsuite.I think I can sue the local police dept.county jail.news dispatch and my ex employer. I received a 300 adcance frommy ex boss and dident return on time to do the job.hes gets angry and instead of fileing a small claims cause he slanders my name to friends...

Insurance lawsuit vs. Personal lawsuit [ 2 Answers ]

My parents recently are trying to work through an insurance settlement for a car accident involving my brother. He was injured. They hired lawyer to assist with the settlement. A sheriff brought a letter to the others involved stating my parents intent to sue. They had thought it was within...

Do I have a lawsuit [ 2 Answers ]

I got a 2nd degree burn at work changing the fryers. I was improperly trained and we are not supposed to change the fryers while there on but they made me I got burned and they continued to make me work. I didn't fill out and accident report until a week later and they offered no medical attention

View more questions Search