Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joy1977 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2013, 12:52 PM
    Kitchen light fixture is leaking water
    My toilet upstairs over flowed and water started pouring out of the light fixture in the kitchen. I know to shut off the power to the kitchen but what else do I do, I'm lost. Can someone help please?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 21, 2013, 01:08 PM
    Once everything is dried out, fans help, you should be able to turn back on, replace fixture if needed. Remove bulb and check socket, verify dry.
    I actually seen an intact lightbulb, almost full of water, it appeared sealed and unbroken, strange?
    Joy1977 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2013, 01:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando View Post
    Once everything is dried out, fans help, you should be able to turn back on, replace fixture if needed. Remove bulb and check socket, verify dry.
    I actually seen an intact lightbulb, almost full of water, it appeared sealed and unbroken, strange?
    Thank you so much. I'm a single mother so my resources are limited... Lol. Thank you so much for your time and help :-)
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 21, 2013, 04:11 PM
    Is everything back on and OK now?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 21, 2013, 06:32 PM
    First thing to do is to clear the blockage in the toilet or drain, that's what caused the initial issue. Depending on how long the cavity between the ceiling and the floor stays wet you may need to open and replace part of the ceiling to avoid mildew

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water leaking sporadically from dining room light fixture, two bathrooms above it! [ 3 Answers ]

We have 2 non leaking bathrooms above our dining room and have noticed several times water leaking from our dining room chandelier! It has happened several times when no showers are even running, no stains on dining room ceiling and we can't seem to isolate the leaky faucet?

Bathtub water leaking through kitchen light fixture [ 4 Answers ]

I had a bath like an hour ago. And when I went downstairs into the kitchen I turned on the light and I heard this weird noise. And then I saw all the water on the kitchen floor. The ceiling light was full of water. What should we do right now? My boyfriend is going away until Monday morning. Am I...

Water leaking from ceiling mount light fixture [ 5 Answers ]

Should we turn off the breaker for a particular light if there is water dripping from that fixture due to a A/C drain pan leak above it?

Is Leaking Light Fixture Safe? [ 4 Answers ]

The water heater in the apartment above me burst and, naturally, flooded. Also naturally, it leaked into my apartment in various places. One of those places was the kitchen ceiling light. After the leaking stopped, I removed the glass shade (which was full of water) and gave the fixture 24 hours...

Water leaking from upstairs shower through light fixture below [ 1 Answers ]

A couple of weeks ago I noticed the light fixture globe in our kitchen was 1/3 filled with water. At the time - someone was showering. I removed the globe, emptied it and have not used the shower or light switch since. The home is only 7 years old - original bathroom, shower. Question:...

View more questions Search