Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shama04 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2013, 09:11 AM
    where to ask a question about probability
    police plan to enforce speed limits by using radar traps at 4 different locations within the city limits.The radar traps ateach of the locations L1, L2, L3, L4 are operated 40%, 30%, 20% and 30% of the time. If a person who is speeding on his way to work has probabilities of 0.2, 0.1, 0.5 and 0.2, respectively , of passing through these locations, what is the probability that he will receive a speeding ticket?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 21, 2013, 10:25 AM
    The probability of getting a ticket is 1 minus the probability of not getting a ticket at any of the four stations. The probability of not getting a ticket is equal to the probability of not getting a ticket at station 1 times the probability of not getting a ticket at station 2, etc. So start by determining the probability of not getting a tciket at each of the four stations. Can you take it from here?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

question of probability [ 0 Answers ]

) statistics show that 0.02% of people are highly allergic to penicyllin. During an epidemy the hospital staff are able to give penicillin to four thousand people in two weeks. Calculate the probability that at most 4 patients of these 4 thousand will be highly allergic to penicillin. If possible...

ask a probability question [ 0 Answers ]

My question has to do with the probability of having an std. The immune system clears hpv in 90% of all cases in two years. Let's say someone's ex was diagnosed with hpv in 2002 and she had sex with someone in 2006. That would mean that person would have a 10% chance of having hpv. So my question...

probability question [ 1 Answers ]

a dice has twenty sides each side contains a number from 1-20. Five sides that are blue,red,five that are green and five that are yellow. What is the probability of rolling an even number?

Probability question [ 0 Answers ]

The probability that a battery in non-defective is 0.94. If two batteries are selected at random, what is the probability that both are defective?

Probability question [ 5 Answers ]

My high school daughter has a probability question that I can not solve as I am too far removed from any math course. I would greatly appreciate someone's help. The problem reads: John is getting his ATM card activated. He must select a password containing 4 nonzero digits to be able to use...

View more questions Search