Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gw0707 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2013, 04:13 AM
    Tunisian military rules for marriage
    Can I as a Canadian in love with a Tunisian Military officer be married to him here in Tunisia?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 21, 2013, 04:18 AM
    It doesn't matter if he in the military, what matters is following the rules for Canadians marrying abroad. This is from the Service Canada website:

Getting Married Overseas

If you are getting married overseas, most countries will require a statement in-lieu of certification of non-impediment to marriage abroad. You can apply for one by mail to the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade Authentication and Service of Documents section before your departure. If you are already abroad, you may obtain a "Statement in lieu of Certificate of Non-impediment" from the nearest Canadian government office abroad

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tunisian marriage [ 7 Answers ]

I met this guy online 4 months ago he is from Tunis and he claims to love me. I have read stuff online and in books about the men in Tunis and it is disturbing, I don't know what to do about this he wants me to come out there so we can get married then I come back to the USA and get his visa for...

Military to Military Marriage Different Home of Records [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I both are active duty military and we have two different "Home of Records". My husband is a NC resident and I am a TN resident (no state tax) I am trying to file MFJ for federal. Everything went well until I went to file state taxes for him. How do I do this? Can I file federal...

Tunisian Marriage [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a British Citizen marrying a lovely Tunisian man - My question is that there are 2 types of marriage contract, one which contains a Prenup, basically saying anything we owned before the marriage remains are own, and anything we accuired within the marriage is split if the marriage dissolves. ...

Tunisian Marriage Contract [ 0 Answers ]

I'm a British Citizen marrying a lovely Tunisian man - My question is that there are 2 types of marriage contract, one which contains a Prenup, basically saying anything we owned before the marriage remains are own, and anything we accuired within the marriage is split if the marriage dissolves. ...

Adultry in Tunisian Marriage [ 1 Answers ]

After 15 years of marriage to a Tunisia I find he has committed adultry and a child has been born. We were married in Tunisia, lived there for 4 years and then in the uk for the last 10 years. Under Tunisian law adultry is forbidden punishable by prison, Can I prosectute him for adultry even though...

View more questions Search