Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alyakl Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2013, 10:46 AM
    How can I get a refund for monies paid to a school and not used?
    Can anyone tell me what else should I do to get my payment for one semester?I was going to take two year diploma in seneca and paid for one semester,but got refuse in student visa,so I could not come to Seneca.I applied for returning my payment back.At first Seneca wanted to pay back by chek,it is not convinient for me(In my city I can't turn it into cash).I asked them to return payment to my account,they told me that it will take 4 weeks.time passed I haven't got money.Now I don't get any answers to my letters from Seneca.What can I do?Is there any authority,organisation where I can write to solve this problem?Seems that international department of Seneca don't solve it anyway.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 20, 2013, 11:28 AM
    What country does this apply to? Where is Seneca ? We have a Seneca College in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

May 21, 2013, 01:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    What country does this apply to? Where is Seneca ? We have a Seneca College in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
    The problem I have is with Seneca College in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
    Expert

May 21, 2013, 02:42 AM
    Of course you gave them all the information for direct deposit into your account?

May 21, 2013, 07:21 AM
    Of course you gave them all the information for direct deposit into your account?
    Of course I did. Can you recommend were I should also write about this problem?Maybe there is some Department? In Ministry or somewhere else?
    Expert

May 21, 2013, 07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyakl View Post
    Of course I did. Can you recommend were I should also write about this problem?Maybe there is some Department? in Ministry or somewhere else?
    Seneca college has many campuses throughout the city of Toronto, Toronto has millions of people, which campus did you apply to?
    Expert

May 23, 2013, 09:39 AM
    Seneca college has many campuses throughout the city of Toronto, Toronto has millions of people, which campus did you apply to?
    Community colleges are not governed by the board of education in Toronto.

Why can't you take their cheque? Would a money order or wire transfer work?

Jun 2, 2013, 09:53 PM
    I don't know actually what gave a result in getting payment back, we wrote to the Ontario Ministry of Education and again to the Seneca college. They answered that the documents for paying back were ready long ago and lay down on the table (we waited for 6 months). Finally we got money back.

Jun 2, 2013, 09:56 PM
    Community colleges are not governed by the board of education in Toronto.

Why can't you take their cheque? Would a money order or wire transfer work?
    In the city were I live all the banks refuse to work with checks,the only opportunity was to transfer on a bank account. After six months of writing we finally got money back. Thank you for your answers.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 3, 2013, 02:58 AM
    I know that it is almost impossible to get a check deposited where I am at, they are not used here at all. So all money has to be wire transferred or direct deposited

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I paid taxes for 2007, now have amended refund, what about money I paid [ 1 Answers ]

I paid $4000 with taxes for 2007, now have amended refund of $5300. Should I received back money with an original return I paid?

Easygranthelp.com Refund of Monies [ 2 Answers ]

I have been charged $69.90 on my bank account and it is not authorized. I have notified the bank but cannot find a place to object to this online at Easygranthelp.com. Please remove this charge!

Easygranthelp.com Refund of Monies [ 2 Answers ]

I recently looked at my bank account and noticed that Easygranthelp.com took money out that I did not autnorize. Does anyone know of any way to get your money back from this company or such.

View more questions Search