Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    where did i go wrong Posts: 70, Reputation: 7

Mar 22, 2007, 05:29 PM
    What does this mean?
    So my ex broke up with me nearly 3 weeks ago and after the initial stages of me begging her back (which I now know is stupid) we've been NC for 4 days.
    (for more info read my thread "i still love my ex, dont want to move on")

OK, so after 4 days NC I get this text from her at 6am (before she goes to work) it says:
    "Morning! how have ur days at work going? are they happy to have you back?"

(I was off work because of a broken arm)

So what the hell? Why would she care how work is going? Pretty strange questions... I don't understand why she would send me this...

Should I reply? If so what should I say?

If I don't reply is that being childish?

I don't get it...
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2007, 06:52 PM
    No its not being childish at all.

She broke up with you. Meaning she forfeited the right to have you in her life anymore as far as I'm concerned.

I wouldn't answer.

I don't think she really wants to know the answer. I think she wants to see if she still has control over you. It is unfair that people do this when they break up with someone.

It is over between you two. There can be no friendship right now and small talk like this is just making it harder.

Although at the time it hurt like hell I am so thankful my ex was good enough to realise that when she broke up with me the best thing she could do was leave me alone. At first I wondered how on earth she could be so cruel but now I realise that it was actually the best thing she could have ever done for me.

Sorry to get off track, but as I said in my opinion you don't owe her an answer to that question.

Your moving on and she is in the past now. As much as that hurts I am here to tell you that responding to her will not help matters at all.

BTW, good to see another Aussie here. Melbourne is an awesome city!!
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2007, 03:33 AM
    Follow the above advice! Here is what I posted for someone else, I think it sums up what I think you should do.

Welcome

Your journey to the new you starts now! This is a learning experience which will be a benefit you for the rest of your life. Treat it as one and move on with a new zest for life.

1) Abide by No Contact - It will allow you to heal and of course ignorance is bliss - never try and hear things or pass on things through the grape vine
    2) Join the gym - go with mates if you have to
    3) Start a new hobby
    4) Meet new people
    5) Try going different places and running your life differently
    6) Unfortunately for us change is the only constant in life and the transition will be painful but you must accept your pain and live in it, feel it and then one day the pain will be gone!
    7) There is no saying you won't meet again or become friends but in the mean time you must give up hope until your head clears - probably after a couple of months.
    8) Spend time with your friends - they will be your closest allies
    9) Read over the forum here and old posts - post here and help others - rant here if you need to
    10) Go on a short break
    11) Listen to music - not necessarily depressing cut your wrists music.
    12) Don't forget she ain't dead and she's living her life and being happy - the best revenge is for you to do the same.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 23, 2007, 03:51 AM
    Confusing I know, she probably doesn't know why she text you either so don't stress over it. Do not contact her for any reason right now. She broke up with you so now is your time to get over her. Let your emotions come under control so you can see things a lot more clearly. Be prepared to see her under a light of clarity, since you will not be blinded by love. The important thing is to stay on the path and heal.
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2007, 03:59 AM
    I look back at my ex now after 40 days and I can nearly see what went wrong. I can also see how we weren't right for each other. Not saying we weren't good together but she wasn't prepared to take part or become part of what I currently enjoyed doing. This NC will let you see clearly. Maybe you will be friends but first give yourself time, block her.

Mar 23, 2007, 06:12 PM
    Thanks guys, its so good to hear from people that have been through it before and who have felt the hurt that I feel...
    I still wish I had her in my life, I had so many great plans for our future, but I'm starting to realize that that's over and I have to start looking at MY future now...

The day that this gets easier will be the start of my new life, hopefully that day comes sooner rather than later!
    iscorpio Posts: 124, Reputation: 17

Mar 24, 2007, 12:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by where did i go wrong
    so my ex broke up with me nearly 3 weeks ago and after the initial stages of me begging her back (which i now know is stupid) we've been NC for 4 days.
    (for more info read my thread "i still love my ex, dont want to move on")

ok, so after 4 days NC i get this text from her at 6am (before she goes to work) it says:
    "Morning! how have ur days at work going? are they happy to have you back?"

(i was off work because of a broken arm)

So what the hell? why would she care how work is goin? pretty strange questions... i dont understand why she would send me this...

Should i reply? if so what should i say?

if i dont reply is that being childish?

i dont get it...
    Hi, my guess is that she is missing you and wants to know that you are all right, if it is not too painful answer as a friend, nothing too heavy and see where it takes you, if it is too painful tell her how her text makes you feel and ask her what she wanted to achieve by it after so long with no contact. She has made the first move.

Mar 24, 2007, 06:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by iscorpio
    Hi, my guess is that she is missing you and wants to know that you are alright, if it is not too painful answer as a friend, nothing too heavy and see where it takes you, if it is too painful tell her how her text makes you feel and ask her what she wanted to achieve by it after so long with no contact. She has made the first move.

I'm not sure... that sort of goes against what everyone else is saying...
    louie1 Posts: 183, Reputation: 49

Mar 25, 2007, 02:04 PM
    I agree with iscorpio, why else would she text you had to be on her mind otherwise she would never have text!!

Mar 25, 2007, 06:37 PM
    Just want to say thanks to everyone that has replied to my posts, your support and advice has been fantastic in aiding my recovery... it still hurts but its getting easier...

So yeah, now a week NC on my part, she sent me ANOTHER text today. That's 2 in 4 days.
    "Hi! did u get my msg last week? Well i hope work is going ok. Let me know how u are and ur arm is. Please"

So...
    I know what you mean iscorpio, that she is thinking about me, but replying as a friend is just what she wants. She probably just wants me to say 'yeah I'm doing ok' to make herself feel a little better.
    I'm past the denial stage and into the anger stage, she turned my life upside down, why would I want to make things easy for her..
    Expert

Mar 25, 2007, 07:34 PM
    I'm past the denial stage and into the anger stage, she turned my life upside down, why would I want to make things easy for her..
    All the more reason to leave her alone. Your not ready yet. No hurry take things in your own time.

Mar 25, 2007, 08:18 PM
    She just sent a couple of IM's on msn, which I ignored then went offline... (one saying "are you not talking to me?")

Am I going too far, I'm starting to feel a bit bad... but at the same time, I wouldn't know what to say to her.
    Expert

Mar 25, 2007, 08:34 PM
    Stay offline and stay busy with other things. When you know what you want to say, answer.

Now you feel bad? How will you feel next. Until those feelings are under control leave it alone.
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2007, 08:50 PM
    Just leave it. You aren't ready to contact her. It won't do you any good.

Remember she is the one who asked for this. She broke up with you and it is unfair for her to expect the break up to be all on her terms. i.e. You have to answer her just because she wants to know something.

It isn't being rude. It is taking care of yourself. Just like she did when she left you.
    Expert

Mar 25, 2007, 09:18 PM
    Reread this thread, and your other one. If your honest she is the one dictating all the terms, so re-examine why you feel bad about not returning her contact.
    am I going too far, I'm starting to feel a bit bad... but at the same time, I wouldn't know what to say to her.
    Your just getting started. Takes more than 4 days.

Mar 26, 2007, 06:36 PM
    OK so here's a situation that is 1 in a million...
    I was watching the news and saw that a russian swim coach assaulted a female employee in a melbourne hotel. Then the camera pans to the hotel my ex works at...

Is this a reason to break nc? Should I see if it was her?
    Does it really matter? I mean there's nothing I can do if it was or wasn't her...
    Expert

Mar 26, 2007, 06:43 PM
    Don't panic and stop acting like your together. You'll be all right just hang in. Its like quitting drugs but hang in.
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2007, 08:07 PM
    No its no reason to call her! If she is in distress and needs you then she will ask. I believe you when you say your concerned about this but in situations like this we tend to look for excuses to call them.

I was nearly killed by a concrete panel that fell a metre or so away from me at work not long after my ex broke up with me. I used that as an excuse to call her because I was scared. When I look back on it it was so weak and petty.

Just leave her be and focus on yourself.

Mar 26, 2007, 09:10 PM
    Thanks guys, I'm hanging in there...
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2007, 09:25 PM
    Why don't you head out to the World Swimming Champs to take your mind off things. Lots of eye candy out there. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search