Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goldgabbixx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2013, 04:58 PM
    13 year old had sex, am I pregnant?
    I'm 13 and last week I had sex with my boyfriend who is 14. Can I get pregnant? I'm not sure. My belly feel awkward and I feel heartbeats. I don't want my parents to know. What do I do? How can I find out if I am pregnant or not?

And I go to a mixed high school. There is this girl who I hate because she is so rude to me and she is very popular. I am quiet and I can't speak up for myself. I have a boyfriend and he is 14. Unfortunately the girl who I hate found out and she is taking my boyfriend away from me with her beauty. I am beautiful as well but also very quiet. What should I do? Help me please!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 18, 2013, 05:25 PM
    Have you started your period? If so then yes you could be pregnant. But its too soon for symptoms to show.

If you are worried about your parents knowing then why do it? You are too young to have a boyfriend.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 18, 2013, 05:37 PM
    I do have to correct Scott on one thing. Even if you haven't started your period, you can get pregnant. Here's why. You ovulate before you menstruate. That means that you'll ovulate (release an egg) before you get your first period. It's very possible to get pregnant without ever having had your first period.

If you have started your period, you wait until your next period. If it's two weeks late, test using first morning urine. If that test is negative, you wait for your next period and if you miss it, test again or see a doctor.

A week after sex you aren't even officially pregnant, you'll never "feel" a heartbeat during pregnancy. You can feel the baby hiccup, kick, etc, but not until around 20 or more weeks of pregnancy. In other words, the symptoms you're feeling are in your head.

If you're having sex, pregnancy is always a possibility. The only way to prevent pregnancy 100%, is to keep your legs crossed and your pants zipped and on. Sex = pregnancy, so it's very possible you could be pregnant, and there's no way to hide that from mom and dad.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 18, 2013, 05:48 PM
    Goldgabbixx, if you had sex a week ago, and you are pregnant, there would not be a heartbeat yet.

Why are you having sex at 13? Do you know how dangerous it is to be pregnant at your age?
    sassy712 Posts: 25, Reputation: 6

May 18, 2013, 06:12 PM
    First of all, you need to know what popular means... popularity is when you are liked by everyone. If she is rude to you, than more than likely you are not the only one. She may be beautiful, but a person can be beautiful on the outside, and be mean as a snake on the inside. Trust me, these people aren't popular. Some people may like her because her family may have money, nice things, etc. But honey, I knew some people growing up that lived in these nice houses, drove nice cars, but nothing in the pantry. They were so wrapped up in living the nice life that they couldn't afford food. They thought that they had to have those things so that they could be liked. But that's beside the point. If a person has an enemy, the person is not popular. And if she can take your boyfriend, let them have each other... He wasn't meant for you any way. And you can do better. ( and I bet people talk about her behind her back)
    Pets Expert

May 18, 2013, 06:21 PM
    I'm 13 and I go to a mixed high school. There is this girl who I hate because she is so rude to me and she is very popular. I am quiet and I can't speak up for myself. I hv a boyfriend and he is 14. Unfortunaly the girl who I hate found out and she is taking my boyfriend away from me with her beauty. I am beautiful as well but also very quiet. What should I do? Help me please!
    She can only take your boyfriend away if he wants to go. Having sex with him (I read your other post) won't keep him with you, nor will getting pregnant (which you fear because you did have sex with him a week ago). In fact, it's more than likely that you too will break up eventually, that's the norm for young teen romances.

You're ruining our life over a boy that only wants you for one thing. How do I know? Well, if he cared about you this girl wouldn't be able to take him away even if she drugged him and kidnapped him. If he really cared about you, he'd be loyal to you.

Stop blaming the other girl, she's a kid, just like you, and kids do stupid things. Blame the boyfriend, he's the one that's allowing this to happen.

This is why children aren't ready to date, they're not mature enough to handle the very real adult consequences of their actions.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

May 18, 2013, 08:33 PM
    Your threads have been merged so that people who are responding can get the full picture.

Hating the 'popular' girl and having sex with your boyfriend are going to end up hurting you and maybe other people who truly care about you.

Be yourself and enjoy your teen years.

If he leaves you for her, then let him go. He wasn't as committed to you as you thought he was. If you have to play adult games and take adult chances to keep him then you don't want him. It isn't you he wants, it is what you are giving/doing.

If you want to make the adult decision to be sexually active, then do the mature thing and tell your parents. Better they learn from you before you have to add, 'and I am pregnant.' If nothing else tell your mother that you need to visit the gynecologist. 13 is a good age for your first visit and you can talk to the doctor about your activities and get their advice.

Quite frankly with your attitude about the popular girl, I think you need to leave boys alone and work on hobbies and interests that help you develop your self-esteem and confidence. Being happy with yourself is better than being popular. It stays with you no matter who is around. Popularity is like the latest fashion. You're in today and next week you're out.

May 19, 2013, 03:25 AM
    Is that why you had sex with your boyfriend, so you wouldn't lose him? That was not a smart thing to do. That will make you popular, with all the boys who just want to get into your pants.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 19, 2013, 05:03 AM
    What you think are 'heartbeats' is your solar plexus, which has a pulse (and which is above the uterus by several inches).
    You are too young to be having sex because you are too young to handle pregnancy, for starters. You are too young to deal with the emotional pain of losing the guy you were so intimate with. You are too young to get sexually transmitted diseases, some of which, like herpes, are incurable. You already see what worry is doing to you!
    Please answer below: is it worth a few minutes of sex trying to get love, or trying to prove something, or wanting to be grown up, or 'getting back' at parents and classmates? Sex doesn't get love, it often gets contempt. I could go onandon but will stop now...
    jones81 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2013, 03:48 PM
    You can get pregnant I got raped at 11 I got pregnant and I kept my son and now 31 I'm happy I had him
    concerned1234 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2013, 08:03 PM
    You can know at a week I did.. I am not saying to go out and do anything I hope u wait n b very smart in love and happy with the person..
    If u feel this way get a test but this eary use first urine of the day. Wish u the best. Don't grow up to fast.
    Pets Expert

May 27, 2013, 08:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by concerned1234 View Post
    You can know at a week i did.. I am not saying to go out and do anything I hope u wait n b very smart in love and happy with the person..
    If u feel this way get a test but this eary use first urine of the day. Wish u the best. Dont grow up to fast.
    I found out 4 days after a missed period. That doesn't mean that every other woman will.

The norm is to test at 2 weeks after a missed period. Any test before that may produce a false negative. The majority of women don't get a reliable test until at least 2 weeks after a missed period, and many women don't even get a reliable test at that time.

In other words, don't discount what the experts have already said. You need to realize that your experiences don't matter when it comes to medical questions. It's about facts, not you.

May 28, 2013, 03:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by concerned1234 View Post
    You can know at a week i did.. I am not saying to go out and do anything I hope u wait n b very smart in love and happy with the person..
    If u feel this way get a test but this eary use first urine of the day. Wish u the best. Dont grow up to fast.
    I won't repeat what Alty said, just that she's right on. But I will add that we take pride in the quality of the advice given here. Advising someone based on just your own single experience is not quality advice.

I will also add, that suggesting to a 13 yr old that she can be truly in love is not god advice either.

Finally, this site is not texting. We require that you use full words and sentences here, not text abbreviations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend of 1.5 yrs seems disinterested, distant, and NEVER wants to have sex [ 9 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been together for one and a half years. She's 30 and I'm 27. This is what I would call my first "long term" relationship. She's got a bit more dating experience than me, so I always like to step back and look at any given situation thoroughly before acting. This one is...

Your in love & after 8 1/2 yrs it's only sex for him [ 0 Answers ]

I try breaking it off but remember I'm the one who fell in love not him even if he says it I'm not stupid there no proof in the pudding, so my problem is when I get courage to call it quits he starts being mean & it breaks my heart till I keep putting up with. Same relationship that didn't go...

I had sex when I was 13 with a 25 yr old man it has been 10 yrs could I press charges [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I am 22 now, and I had sex with a 25 year old man when I was 13 it has been 10 years since that first occasions. Could I press charges on him. I have seen him since then as he has treat me with videos and pictures he had taken of me when we had sex when I was a minor. He says if I don't see him...

My boyfriend of 4 yrs won't have sex with me [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for 4 years he is 22 and I am 20. We have a 2 year old together. Before our son we were having sex like normal then I got pregnant and like I assumed it slowed down. After I had our son I lost all the baby weight right away thankfully and thought things would...

Am I capable of getting pregnant? I have been having unprotected sex for 4+ yrs now! [ 1 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for almost 6 yrs now and for 4+ yrs we have been having unprotected sex and never once have I been pregnant! Is there a problem, can we have kids?

View more questions Search