Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxtina-mariexx Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

May 18, 2013, 01:39 AM
    Digital reception help
    Hi I've just bought a new HD LED TV and a Twin Tuner.
    I first plugged the TV in to see how it worked on its own but could only get a few channel after following all the instructions on how to do the scan. The few I got were Pixelated and lost sound, while others just had a blue screen
    I then put the antenna cable into the Tuner and Connected the HDMI cable to it and the TV. I've tried to scan for channels and I only get SBS and Radio.
    Once I got Eleven and ONE as well but the picture was awful and was bad sound quality. I got all the channels on my old TV with the Top box I had and The TV in the lounge gets them all too. Just wondering what the problem might be?.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 18, 2013, 04:55 AM
    Where is your external antenna located ?
    xxtina-mariexx Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

May 19, 2013, 06:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    Where is your external antenna located ?
    Its OK I researched it online and decided I needed a new and higher quality Coaxial cable I bought that today and Its all working fine now ty :)
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 19, 2013, 08:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by xxtina-mariexx View Post
    Its ok I researched it online and decided I needed a new and higher quality Coaxial cable I bought that today and Its all working fine now ty :)
    Thanks for coming back and letting us know. Welcome to AMHD.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 20, 2013, 01:58 PM
    Glad better coax did the trick, If you want Better, An antenna Preamp would do wonders.
    The higher the frequency the greater the loss is in Coax. Twinlead(flatwire/balanced)has less loss than coax.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Digital TV reception [ 0 Answers ]

Why can I always get a good and continuous picture from Freeview channels like Dave , E4 and all sales offers but all BBC programmes break up or show "no signal" ?

Why have I lost digital reception today? [ 2 Answers ]

Live in Dunedin, and for some reason my digital reception has gone... Keep getting notice about no signal flashing on my screen. I've had freeview for 4 years.

Improving Digital TV reception? [ 9 Answers ]

We have a house in the country about 55-60 miles from city TV stations (Little Rock, AR). Before the analog switchover we had a medium directional on the roof with flat antenna wire and got "decent" analog reception. Unfortunately, when the roof was redone the roofers through the antenna off and...

No digital reception [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, please can you help. My TV serial No is IDLCD32TV05HD. The problem is that I can't get any digital stations at all. I've done what the manual says to do but there is nothing at all on the screen to say didital stations. No matter what I've tried it always goes to the old stations (static).

Analog TV antenna for digital Reception? [ 1 Answers ]

Will our existing analog TV antenna work for the new digital broadcasts or should I get rid of it?

View more questions Search