Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AnthonyJay Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 04:37 PM
    Did I make the right choice?
    So yesterday at 4 my girlfriend called me. She said "i'm sorry" I said for what? She said you'll find out in a few hours... so I make her tell me what she's sorry for. And she makes me promise not to try and do anyhting about it to just let it happen. So she tells me she's in her garage with the door down and the car on... I jump out of bed kiss my mom by and race to her house. I get there and start pounding on the garage. She won't open it. She puts her hand to the window and I put mine. I tell her not today, that I need to see her one more time, she can do it later, just not today... then I tell her if she doesn't open the door I'm calling 911. I hang up and pretend to dial, just giving her 1 last chance before I bring the cops in... and she opens it... she is furious with me... I run and turn off the car, and as I do I see a note lying there in the passegers seat. I grab her and carry her outside to get some fresh air.. as she is pouting and trying to push me away. I make her promise me she won't kill herself... I make her pinky promise. And then she screams "i hope your happy that by not letting me die your making me suffer in pain!" and slams the door in my face. So I knock gently. Then I open the door but do not enter. it's not my house and I don't want to do anyhting that seems aggressive... so I wait for her to come with me... I know I must leave soon for her if parents come home and I'm there they'd kill me. So I make her promise one last time. Then I ask for a kiss, but she says no. so I kiss her on the cheek and turn away. She pulls on my arm and gives me a kiss... then I leave for work.

Later that night at work her mother calls me, saying she found out we went behind her back and hung out on st patricks day (we can't see each other because her rents found out we we're having sex, we're both 18) she screams at me and calls me a drunkard and a pill popper and says I can never see her or her family again and hangs up.( we drank a little but not much, cause here in cleveland st patty's day is a huge event) 15 minutes later I get a phone call. It's her mom saying taylor ran away. I look for her for 3 hours... I get home at 2 am on a school night. And I see her on the side of my house. The last place I thought she'd be cause she hated me. I ran to her and embraced her then sat her down in my car and drove off... we sat and talked for a bit, she ran away because they we're going to make her dump me, sign her into the hospital, and her dad was screaming and swearing in her face saying he was going to pound her face in.

Now her parents are calmed down. For they love there daughter they just get hot headed and are super control freaks. So her parents we're decideing whether to call the police before ei left there house to go to mine. The thing is from taylor's suicidal attempt earlier we didn't know if she was trying to do it again or if she'd come back home. Now if they call the police it goes on her record and then west point would kick taylor out. So I had to have her call her mother and go home. And I did. And I took her home and didn't speak that much. Because I refused to cry. I decided I cry too much. And that right now I have to be unbreakable. And that's what I am. So I take her home and her mother gives me the first hug she ever gave me. And I've been dating her daughter for 7 months.

Now see the thing is this, by taking her home and giving her to her rents, this means I won't be able to go to prom with her. I don't even know when I'll be able to see her again if I can ever again. Because she ran away, and her mother blames me. When it's her mothers fault for making her choose between the 2 people she loves most. If I would have not taken her home and taken her somewhere else or not had her call her mom after a few minutes. Then they would have called the ploice, and taylors future, all her hard work, would have went down the drain.

Did I make the right choice? Or will she hate me forever...
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2007, 05:03 PM
    First you made the right choice by bringing her home.

Second you girlfriend has a lot of problems that you, nor her family can resolve. She needs to see a professional therapist immediately. You need to tell her parents that she has deeper problems then they realize and threatened suicide.

Third this is a lot of drama for you to take on at such a young age, and although I'm not saying don't see her perhaps you should set some limits for such as "if your going to run away from you problems then you can't be together." She has so many issues to deal with, and although it's great of you to assist her, you can't allow yourself to get caught up in it that you forget about yourself.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2007, 06:39 PM
    You did the right thing taking her to her parents and no she won't hate you forever.

A lot of drama and she needs to sort herself out before she can even contemplate any sort of relationship.

Hope she gets the help she needs.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 23, 2007, 04:39 AM
    Her parents need to get her some professional help as soon as possible. You are not equipped to help as much as you would like to.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 23, 2007, 05:04 AM
    You are being drawn into more then you need and can handle. She obviously likes pulling your chains. Her parents need to get her counselling and the more quick the better.
    broy3666 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2009, 09:25 AM

Well I just think that you keeping her here was the right choice... You might want to get her to a counselor or something like that because it is not a healthy thing to be trying to kill yourself and you can really get some help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

First year choice or not [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My status in 2006 is this: F1 to June, then OPT to 11/26/2006, then H1B My wife held B1/B2 Visa in 2006, she stayed here from 8/1/2006 to 12/31/2006, this January, she changed the Visa to H4 In 2006, my tuition was about 16000 If I file as non-resident, I can not claim my tuition...

Multiple choice [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone please help me with this question? Which of the following would be classified in a different major section of a balance sheet from the others? a. Capital stock. b. Common stock subscribed. c. Stock dividend distributable. d. Stock investment in affiliate.

Multiple Choice, Please help me [ 2 Answers ]

Of the following different types of securities, which is typically considered most risky? a) Certificates of deposit b) Long term government bonds c) common stocks of large companies d) U.S. treasury bills

What is First Year Choice [ 1 Answers ]

Atlanta Tax Expert, Thank you for your assistance. Since my wife's employer didn't withheld her Social Security and Medicare tax because they think she should be exempted from those two taxes, how can she file on her tax form about this? Does she need to pay the penalty? BTW, what's...

Need help with career choice [ 6 Answers ]

I'm a high school senior this year, and I'm undecided as to what I want to major in in college. Let me start by saying that I like hard work. I would like a career that lets me work outside at least some of the time. I also make very good grades. I'm at the top of my class and I could probably...

View more questions Search