Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    floorable Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2013, 05:04 PM
    Need money?
    I'm an elven year old.My mom said she would give me $20.00 a week for allowance, but she changed her mind because oftough times. Soooo, now I'm inching for an iPhone (4 or 5) and a Ipod touch(4th gen. or 5th).
    But of course she said no but if I earn my own $$ I can purchase it own my own and she can't deny.(also have to keep my phone on so I need content cash.As you can see I need a bunch of help can y'all please help me. <3 :P

Help me,
    Floorable
    Ally_Joy Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2013, 05:11 PM
    Well why don't you sell lemonade? It's hot now and it's the perfect time to sell some
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 16, 2013, 05:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally_Joy View Post
    well why don't you sell lemonade? it's hot now and it's the perfect time to sell some
    That's a lot of lemonade. The phone isn't the only cost, the monthly charges to use it (which can range for $30-$100 or more depending on where you live and the use) would also be the posters responsibility.

Also, the poster is 11. He/sge can't buy an iPhone without parental permission, since it requires a contract. No one under the age of 18 can sign a contract.
    Pets Expert

May 16, 2013, 05:33 PM
    To the poster. Twenty dollars a week? What where you doing to get that sort of allowance? I hope you worked your butt off for it, because that's a lot of money.

You want a phone. You don't need it. So earn it. Mow lawns, babysit (don't know if you're old enough where you live), walk dogs, get a paper route (if your parents agree). The cost of the phone is the first challenge. Paying for the monthly charges to use the phone won't be easy at your age, and those phones, when sold, usually have a 3 year contract you have to agree to, and if you don't pay, the phone is shut off, and you're charged an early disconnect fee which can total to hundreds of dollars.

So, have you thought about any of that, or have you just thought about getting the actual phone without thinking about how you'll actually afford to use it and pay for the use?

May 16, 2013, 05:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    That's a lot of lemonade. The phone isn't the only cost, the monthly charges to use it (which can range for $30-$100 or more depending on where you live and the use) would also be the posters responsibility.

Also, the poster is 11. He/sge can't buy an iphone without parental permission, since it requires a contract. No one under the age of 18 can sign a contract.
    Well... chores around the neighbor hood (if it's safe and you know your neighbor) last week, I got $120 for chores in the neighborhood
    Pets Expert

May 16, 2013, 05:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally_Joy View Post
    well... chores around the neighbor hood (if it's safe and you know your neighbor) last week, I got $120 for chores in the neighborhood
    That's great. Do you get that every week? Can you guarantee that you'll get that every week? How much money do you make in a month, every month? Can you pay for a monthly bill that can exceed over $100 every month (most teens text a lot, which isn't free, call a lot, also not free, and run up charges of $200 or more every month on a cell phone).

So, if you had an iPhone and the bill came in (it comes every month) at $300, can you pay it? Can you guarantee that you'll have that money in your account? What if you don't? Can you afford to pay the charge for early termination of the contract?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 16, 2013, 05:47 PM
    If you can scrape up enough to buy the phone... how do you plan on paying the $60 - $140 a month for service... EVERY month?

May 16, 2013, 05:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    That's great. Do you get that every week? Can you guarantee that you'll get that every week? How much money do you make in a month, every month? Can you pay for a monthly bill that can exceed over $100 every month (most teens text a lot, which isn't free, call a lot, also not free, and run up charges of $200 or more every month on a cell phone).

So, if you had an iphone and the bill came in (it comes every month) at $300, can you pay it? Can you guarantee that you'll have that money in your account? What if you don't? Can you afford to pay the charge for early termination of the contract?
    Yeah, I have like 500-600 bucks a month... but eventually I'll get a new game... if only I save up
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 16, 2013, 05:57 PM
    I'd like to see an 11 year old that really gets 500-600 dollars a month... that doesn't have multi-millionare parents that throw money around.. or hasn't got a contract in Hollywood.
    Pets Expert

May 16, 2013, 07:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    I'd like to see an 11 year old that really gets 500-600 dollars a month...that doesn't have multi-millionare parents that throw money around..or hasn't got a contract in Hollywood.
    Me too! I worked 8 hours a day 5 days a week, and that's over half what I would have been paid after taxes in a month.

Someone thinks we're not very smart. Someone needs to realize that we're not kids, and we're not naïve or stupid enough to believe things that make no sense.

But hey, I'll be nice. So tell me, how do you make $500-$600 a month at the age of 11? Go ahead, blow me away, I'm dying to hear it.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 16, 2013, 07:41 PM
    My daughter, 12 years old, works for me at my used car place... and I have to say, she DOESN'T make $500-600 dollars a month... that's ludicrous to even think we would believe that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song that goes like this."money money money, money?" [ 5 Answers ]

Do you know the artists name?

Who sings the song that goes, Money, money, money, money? [ 12 Answers ]

Who sings the song that goes something like this... Money, Money,Money, Money?

What is that song that goes like we stuntin that money money money money [ 2 Answers ]

What is the name of that rap song that goes like we stuntin that money money money money

Who sings the song forget about the money money money ? [ 2 Answers ]

Who sings the song forget about the money money money

View more questions Search