Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2014, 06:35 PM
    a great deal of intrigue about investigating the bona fides of organisations set up to circumvent the law, such howls of indignation when they are caught. the problem with political processes are they were never intended to be fair or even handed, or even to have the appearence of being unbiased. as I have said before what is the purpose of government if not to give direction to departments? but to think that the president has to be the source of every detail is rediculous
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2014, 07:39 PM
    the democratic process aint worth squat if the person in power can manipulate it with impunity using the instruments of the government. If this was Venezuela then we would rightly be ridiculing a 'banana republic' .

That it is being done on behalf of the President itself is criminal. That is a given. It needs to be vigorously investigated to see how far up the executive branch it goes. That we know as much as we do ;with the stonewalling of the administration and the compliant press by itself is telling .
    I'll say it again ...... Congress was prepared to impeach Nixon on charges that he THOUGHT of using the IRS against his political opponents .
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2014, 11:51 PM
    The democratic process is an abberation. democracy is a process where everyone gets to express an opinion. The only opinion you are allowed to express in your system is a preference for a candidate, beyond that you only have constitutional guarantees which means a court challenge when wrong doing is perceived and there is evidence. It seems that in this case you have a great deal of perception and very little evidence. Your Congress is a paper tiger, if they had a shred of evidence they would impeach the President but what is the point if you can render the President impotent

No this is a great deal of bull and a lot of bluster, something akin to the birth creditentials of the President
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2014, 09:48 AM
    if they had a shred of evidence they would impeach the President
    ... actually impeachment is an exercise in futility . There have been 3 Presidents subject to the impeachment process. Nixon resigned .... Andrew Johnson and Bubba were impeached ;but the Senate did not convict.
    Impeachment may have been a powerful and useful tool before the 12th Amendment ,when the candidate with the 2nd largest electoral college vote bacame VP . But now ? It is just a historical curiosity . Nixon may have actually been convicted because he lost his own party support. But that is a rarity . The imperial Presidency was given birth with the 12th Amendment ;and the only change made to reign the executive in was when term limits came after Roosevelt.

There is no doubt that Congress cannot effectively check the power on it's own . They need the cooperation of an Attorney General with some integrity . They need assistance from the judiciary . But when courts routinely rule that Congress has no standing to even sue the President then what power do you think they wield ?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 16, 2014, 09:54 AM
    Guess without 2/3rds of the legislature you can do nothing but holler, scream, and call names. Those founders were smart people to not let just one party, a minority, rule. It's a collective effort, or NOTHING. So that's what we have... NOTHING!

(except hollering, screaming, and calling names!!).

Figured out how it works yet?
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2014, 09:56 AM
    and you support a rogue Presidency; defending the indefensible .
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2014, 10:04 AM
    THe 2/3 criminal occupation won't last... and the statute of limitations won't be running out soon enough for any of them. They should be prosecuted... found guilty and jailed for a significant period of their remaining lifespan.

You had a 3/3 for two years and what did you do with it? Ram obamacare down our throats without a vote something the vast majority HATE and don't want....and quadruple the national debt?

THats something to be embarrased by...not proud of.
    Expert

Jul 16, 2014, 10:46 AM
    >YAWN< Dream on!!
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2014, 12:28 PM
    Elections are coming soon... and another in 2016 where President Poo Pile will finally be out of office, so will his chief protector Eric Holder... neither will be abusing the American legal system and criminal justice system to suit their own desires any longer.. and will be subject to the varius laws they were ignoring or breaking.\
    Whats that old saying....what goes up, must come down? Namely both of their ego's. Neither have a reputation left to save.
    Expert

Jul 16, 2014, 01:03 PM
    Just figured out why the righties holler and scream so much. Like stinky farts there is more room out than in. I finally understand and hope you get help.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2014, 01:52 PM
    Just figured out why the righties holler and scream so much. Like stinky farts there is more room out than in. I finally understand and hope you get help.
    So far we've had 3 (that I know of) Dems equate the border crisis to the Holocaust. Every lib from coast to coast is having a stroke over the Hobby Lobby ruling, the Koch brothers and those evil Joos in Israel. Reality is calling, Tal.
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2014, 02:33 PM
    Islamic extremism is all Bushes fault don't you know... he invented a time machine , went back and kicked Mohammed in the balls and started it all, then came back to the present day.
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2014, 04:13 PM
    at last a rational explanation
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2014, 09:35 AM
    We now know that the IRS lied in multiple congressional sessions and under oath to a Federal Judge. In an affidavit to Fed District Judge Reggie Walton ,the IRS stated that Lois Lerner's computer was destroyed and recycled.....basically the same testimony from Commissioner John Koskinen to Congress. You know ,the one that says that IRS computer experts had recommended that they be recycled because the data was not retrievable .
    BUT ,House Ways and Means Committee investigators said that they had a chance to talk to the experts who actually examined Lerner's computer, and they said the hard drive merely "scratched" and most of the data on it was recoverable. The experts had recommended that the IRS seek outside help to recover the data.
    The IRS did not seek that help .Instead ,according to their testimony ,they "recycled "the hard drive ie destroyed it.
    So Koskinen went to Congress Wednesday ,and AGAIN changed his story . Now he says that the backup tapes POSSIBLY containing the emails have been found . Of course he has no idea how that happened ,or if there is any of the emails in them .
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2014, 05:37 AM
    Hello again, tom:

Yeah, the IRS sucks.. But, I don't care about that... I care about a CORRUPT presidency. If you can't CONNECT the bad, bad, irresponsible, even corrupt IRS behavior to Obama, I'm BORED..

excon
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2014, 05:55 AM
    in time .... gotta get past the cover up and obstruction of justice. Maybe Judge Walton will appoint a truly independent prosecutor .
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2014, 06:34 AM
    I think this one has been done to death Tom bigger fish to fry
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2014, 06:48 AM
    not even started yet . Watergate happened in the spring of 1972 . Nixon wasn't forced to resign until August 1974 .....and that is with a press that was doing it's job , a Congress that was able to overcome the cover-ups ,a judiciary that forced the issue ;and a truly independent prosecutor .
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2014, 08:00 AM
    different days Tom
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2014, 08:36 AM
    yes back then there was a press that wasn't the propaganda Dept for the Presidency .
    Back then articles of impeachment were drafted and voted on because the President considered using the IRS against his political opponents . Back then 2 AGs resigned rather than carrying water for a corrupt President .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toyota Scandal [ 6 Answers ]

What kind of services or training do you think Toyota should give to the customers to gain back its reputation after the scandal occurred?

The real mortgage scandal [ 14 Answers ]

I read something on this a while back and finally found another column on it thanks to Sweetness & Light... And so what are the contenders' solutions to this crisis, brought on in the name of fairness, equality and other warm and fuzzy nonsense? Hillary wants a moratorium on...

Whoops, *another* Republican caught in sex scandal [ 6 Answers ]

Wash. legislator resigns over gay sex scandal | KTVB.COM | Regional News | Boise, Idaho News, Weather, Sports & Traffic This is happening with alarming regularity.

Protein bar scandal? [ 1 Answers ]

I have heard some talk about protein bars and how more than half of them LIE about the suppliment facts of their bar such as amount of fat, sat fat and other facts. Does anyone know any "trustworthy" protein bars out there that can assure me I am getting what I think I bought?

View more questions Search