Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dollslemonade Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2013, 08:18 AM
    Getting back on the pill
    About a year and a half ago I was put on Yasmin to tackle my symptoms of PCOS; however the gynaecologist told me that if I lost weight everything would sort itself out. (He kept saying that I got PCOS because I was overweight, he almost said obese at one point but I wasn't even close to obesity then so I have a feeling he had something against over weight people.)
    I lost quite a bit of weight when I came to university so I went and asked my new uni doctor if I could try coming off the pill; she told me that losing weight doesn't mean that the PCOS would be cured (which is what I was lead to believe by the gynaecologist) but she took me off it to see what happened over Easter.
    It didn't go well, all my symptoms came back with a vengeance so I've been put back on it, however I'm supposed to start taking it on the last day of my next period. I'm over a week late and to be honest I don't think I'll get one, before the pill I went a year without a period, so I don't know when to start it. Should I wait it out to see if it comes or should I just take it at the start of next week or something? I really want to start soon because I'm stressed enough with exams without having to be paranoid about my appearance every day as well.

Check out some similar questions!

The Pill instructions tell me I don't need a back up method, why? [ 2 Answers ]

I started Azurette this past Thursday under the Day 1 routine. According to the instructions (if I start on Day 1), I don’t have to “use a back-up method of birth control, since I am starting the pill at the beginning of my period.” Does that mean I can have unprotected sex right now without...

I have a white oval shaped pill with a v on the front and on the back its says 58/98 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a white oval shaped pill with a v on the front and on the back its says 58/98

Going back on the pill. [ 2 Answers ]

I want to go back on the pill, and I have a couple of packets left over from when I was last on it, they aren't out of date, so I was wondering if anyone knows if I am just OK to start taking them again? Or do you think I should check with a doctor? Thanks

Orange octagone pill N8 on back [ 2 Answers ]

What is the name of this pill and what does it do

Off the pill, when do periods go back to normal. [ 3 Answers ]

I was on the pill for 3 months straight due to an ovarian cyst that is painful, and got my period twice last month on may 30 and June 6 which is when I stopped taking the pill all together. So when do my periods go back to normal, or should I have gotten one already? Anyway, if anyone has answers...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.