Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nathalie17 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2013, 01:22 AM
    Boyfriends death
    I was talking to this guy for the past 8 months we had such a good bond though we wouldn't really hang out because of school and work and all but we managed to talk everyday I met him on Christmas but didn't spend as much time as I wanted to with him.. It was basically like we were together all of our friends both his and mine new about us.. this passed weeked.. We were texting Friday night when he told me he was with his co workers.. I told him I had just finished unpacking my clothes and he didn't reply anymore.. I expected a call when he got home as usual but I got nothing. Saturday and Sunday he didn't text me nor call me I would call but his phone was off it was so strange. I was laying in bed Sunday night when I decide to check his Facebook and I seen all his friends and family writing rip roger and the link that showed he passed in a car accident. I couldn't believe it. I'm still I Denial all I can do is cry I have so much pain inside me I grew so attached to him and now I feel like I lost everything, I don't wake up to his messages or calls anymore.. I don't even want to look at my phone all I've been doing is crying and crying I can't take this pain all my friends tell me it's going to be okay but they don't know how I feel, no one understands me all I do is think of him I'm dying inside. Please give me advice!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 15, 2013, 05:00 AM
    First, let us put this into perspective...

You were just friends... maybe good ones, but you weren't dating so you weren't boyfriend/girlfriend.

I've had two girlfriends I was actually dating get killed by drunk drivers... I picked myself up and moved on each time... because I wasn't responsible... and nothing I could have done would have changed it. Its all the luck of the draw. You could be walking down the sidewalk happy as a clam and a meteorite could fall out of the sky and kill you. YOU don't know when its coming... so you live each day to the fullest. It might happen today... or you might die in your sleep at 108.

One thing you are going to learn... everyone dies... and you are going to have a lot more friends and family die before you during the rest of your life.

Its going to hurt when it happens... but the fact is dwelling over its not going to change anything... and life goes on. With or without you. So its best to pick yourselfup and move on.
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

May 15, 2013, 05:02 AM
    I'm really sorry for the loss. I know how are you feeling. I can only suggest that if you haven't visited his family then see them and express your respect. This will help you to deal with situation.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 15, 2013, 12:30 PM
    I understand the shock - I just don't understand the title of this thread, "Boyfriends death." It certainly doesn't sound like he was your boyfriend.

Losing a friend isn't easy, and grief takes many forms. Give yourself some time to grieve but don't let it overtake your life.

Every now and then people experience similar deaths of acquaintances and friends and the grief seems to go forever, something I don't understand.

Be kind to yourself - allow yourself to grieve but don't lose perspective.

I, by the way, am a widow - I know how fierce grief is and how long it can last.

Does anything help you with the pain?

May 15, 2013, 12:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I understand the shock - I just don't understand the title of this thread, "Boyfriends death." It certainly doesn't sound like he was your boyfriend.

Losing a friend isn't easy, and grief takes many forms. Give yourself some time to grieve but don't let it overtake your life.

Every now and then people experience similar deaths of acquaintances and friends and the grief seems to go forever, something I don't understand.

Be kind to yourself - allow yourself to grieve but don't lose perspective.

I, by the way, am a widow - I know how fierce grief is and how long it can last.

Does anything help you with the pain?
    Well yeah your right I messed up by the title I just got so used to the comfort of telling me he was since we were talking for so long to get into a relationship we were just waiting till I turned 18 in November and now this happened /: the only way I feel a little better is by crying nothing else helps I can't even eat or go out..

May 15, 2013, 12:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    First, let us put this into perspective....

You were just friends....maybe good ones, but you weren't dating so you weren't boyfriend/girlfriend.

I've had two girlfriends I was actually dating get killed by drunk drivers....I picked myself up and moved on each time....because I wasn't responsible...and nothing I could have done would have changed it. Its all the luck of the draw. You could be walking down the sidewalk happy as a clam and a meteorite could fall out of the sky and kill you. YOU don't know when its coming....so you live each day to the fullest. It might happen today...or you might die in your sleep at 108.

One thing you are going to learn.....everyone dies....and you are going to have a lot more friends and family die before you during the rest of your life.

Its going to hurt when it happens...but the fact is dwelling over its not going to change anything....and life goes on. With or without you. So its best to pick yourselfup and move on.
    Yea I guess you can put It in that perspective I just got so attached to him and really like him and now I'm hear empty not knowing what to do, I'm trying to be strong and get through this and not cry as often but it's so recent I feel out of it.

May 15, 2013, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smkanand View Post
    I'm really sorry for the loss. I know how are you feeling. I can only suggest that if you haven't visited his family then see them and express your respect. this will help you to deal with situation.
    I will get a chance to meet with them next weekend for the viewing and burial.. I just don't know what to say or do its my first time going through this.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 15, 2013, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathalie17 View Post
    Yea I guess you can put It in that perspective I just got so attached to him and really like him and now I'm hear empty not knowing what to do, I'm trying to be strong and get through this and not cry as often but it's so recent I feel out of it.
    Its still hard to loose a good friend, I won't lie about that... but life does go on. You will get over it and move on.. find a new guy (one that's even better then this one was) and continue with life..

Realisticly you have tiers..

Family
    Spouse
    Boyfriend/girlfriend
    Good Friends
    Casual Friends
    Acquantences...
    People you know about but not well
    People you've heard of but don't know at all.

People you hate

The higher up that list the harder it is... the lower on the list the easier... to the point it matters less than your choice of clothes that day.

An example.. someone I literally HATED in school for years... the year after I graduated got killed committing a crime... I actually Celibrated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do I do if the wrong cause of death is on a death certificate? [ 1 Answers ]

My father died recently after being in hospice for two weeks. He had many problems -- diabetes, renal failure, heart problems. Since my father was a veteran, we need the death certificate to help my mom apply for benefits. When the death certificate arrived, it listed "colon cancer" as the cause...

What happens if cause of death is wrong on death certificate? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband died of a rare condition which he was infected with whilst in hospital, this condition went undiagnosed,and the wrong information put on his death certificate. Can anything be done to change the information at all? Jessica

Death Certificate - Cause of Death Recorded Incorrectly [ 8 Answers ]

Is it common practice to write down on the death certificates the wrong reason for cause of death? And if so, why do doctors do that? This happen to my dad a few weeks ago and I'm just trying to understand. Thanks in advance, Scott

Death and credit card death. [ 3 Answers ]

My father recently died leaving enough money to pay off most of his debts,but not all.I contacted those credit card companies that there no funds to pay and informed them of my father's death and that there were no assets to pay these debts.I soon received a letter (from american express) asking to...

Can't seem to cope after boyfriends tragic death [ 8 Answers ]

A little over a month ago my boyfriend was working on my car. He was underneath and the jack he was using slipped and the car fell crushing him. He was only 42 and very healthy. I am the one who found him and I am having a really hard time dealing with it all. I still feel like it's all a really...

View more questions Search