Ask
    softballqt519 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 02:50 PM
    Literature: The Endless Steppe
    Does anyone know what the summary or plot is of this novel?:confused:
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2007, 03:37 PM
    What don't you understand? Have you read the book in it's entirety? Do you know that "endless steppe" refers to Siberia - where thousands of people were exiled to, during WWII and after, for being "enemies of the state"?

The author of this book was a young girl when her family were taken by the Soviets and transferred to Siberia. Her family were not even Russian - they were Polish Jews.

I truly hope you read the book and answer your own questions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Symbolism of water, biblical, and in literature [ 5 Answers ]

Latetly I have noticed How fascinated I am with water, and I was wondering what religios symbolism has been placed in/ about water. Dreams or anything really. IT has the strangest amounts of calming to where I can just see a picture of water and all my anger seems to melt. Like it washes away with...

Women's Literature and it's changes over time [ 1 Answers ]

How can I write a thesis statement about the emergence of women's literature and its changes over time?

Holt Literature TextBook [ 0 Answers ]

Im Reading The Chapter On The Diary Of Anne Frank And Need Major Help Pronto! Lol email me actually!

Literature [ 3 Answers ]

Trivia: What book did the author himself have to pay to have published? Walden, by Thoreau, Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman, Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce, or The Wasteland by T.S. Eliot?

View more questions Search