Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talladega Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 02:48 PM
    Blazer dies while driving periodically
    I have a 1997 s10 blazer that I have had for 3 years. About 6 months ago it started dying for no reason I would be coming to a stop and it would just die like I shut off the key or something. I would start it back up and it would go again. This happens probably 2 to 3 times a day if I am driving around a lot. Also I can be driving down the street and it will die if I tap the gas real quick it will recover. I have no idea why it does this but is quite scary because I lose power steering when it dies. Does anyone know why it might be dying?
    Gotwheels Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Mar 23, 2007, 07:26 AM
    Hi,
    Chevy blazer are prone to this problem. The blazer has a fuel pressure valve. Thses are very sensitive and have to be set accuratley, if not they will not send the pressure needed. Believe it or not even a pound off in pressure will prevent the vehicle from running right or not running at all. If that is all right, then check the sending unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car dies while driving [ 20 Answers ]

I have no clue what is wrong with my car. I will be driving and it will just shut off. Everything except the radio and lights will stay on. I can restart the car. Yesterday I had to get a new battery because it would not start at all so I thought that might have been the problem, but last...

99 blazer [ 1 Answers ]

99 blazer won't start all the time.

Blue blazer and a purple sweater [ 3 Answers ]

Is it OK to wear a purple sweater (its a classy purple from Polo not a cheesy purple) under a blue blazer with a pair of chinos? Mark

View more questions Search