Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GW1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2013, 09:40 AM
    501c3 rules - banking in other states
    Can an Out of State 501(c)3 open a bank account in Texas? Are they required to file for an agent with the Texas Secretary of State?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 14, 2013, 10:09 AM
    Hello GW:

The tax exemption is granted by the fed and it doesn't preclude the grantee from moving..

IF the organization is a corporation, then they probably need to register with the state. But, each state is different.. I'd call the Corporation Commission, or whatever they call it in Texas.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

501c3 rules [ 2 Answers ]

May there be a majority of a 503c Board members share an affliation with another 503c organization? Especially when it comes to holding executive positions in both, Treasurer for example.

501c3 rules [ 1 Answers ]

My children's school operates as a 5013c.. I am wanting to start selling school spirit items such as tshirts, magnets, cups, etc. at the school. If we pay sales tax on the items on the front end, are we legally able to make a profit on the items without paying additional taxes and violating any...

501c3 rules? [ 4 Answers ]

I have sent in my application for my 501C3 agency. If I begin to raise funds for the agency, is the tax deductibility retroactive? In other words if someone donates $10,000 on September 1st and we don't get the 501C3 approved until October - is that donation given on September 1st tax deductible?

501c3 rules [ 2 Answers ]

Under 501c3 - What are the guidelines for giving a monetary gift to a family in Financial Need? What if one of the family is a board member?

View more questions Search