Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nessy73 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2013, 09:04 AM
    1.67 down to only 1.52!
    I took a urine test on 4/26, and the THC levels came back at 1.67. I have not smoked in over two weeks, yet my levels only went down to 1.52 (I had another test on 5/10). I have been a VERY heavy, daily user for many years, and I know that there are many factors involved, but is it "normal" for my levels to decrease by such a small amount? I am 40-years-old, 5'3", and weigh 108 lbs. Thank you, in advance, for any information.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 14, 2013, 09:33 AM
    Normal levels are Zero... and that's what the tests are there for.

I could get tested and mine would be zero.

If you want to pass your test.. quit smoking all together. Otherwise you will continue to fail them.

And two weeks isn't abstinace... its a temporary break in the routine.

May 14, 2013, 09:50 AM
    I know that the normal level is zero. Since I only stopped a couple of weeks ago, though, it is obvious that I will have *some* level in my system. That was not my question. The question is: Is it "normal" for my levels to decrease by such a small amount in two weeks? I thought that they would have gone down by much more in this time.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 14, 2013, 10:00 AM
    Nope... this isn't alcohol... they linger in your system for much longer... and the more you start with... the longer that is going to take.

Its also going to be in every hair in your body as well... and last even longer there. Which is why they usually do a follicle test.

May 14, 2013, 10:41 AM
    Yeah, since I have used so heavily for so long, I figured that it could take a few months to get my level down to zero. I just had my fingers crossed that the numbers would be lower. I read that it takes YEARS for it to not show up in hair follicles! :-O
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 14, 2013, 11:12 AM
    The time between 4/26 and 5/10 is exactly 14 days.
    You say you 'haven't smoked for over two weeks' but don't say how long, starting when.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search