Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    natta1677 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2013, 07:21 AM
    12 year old mood swings. He also has ADHD. His real mother is not in his life.
    I have a 12 yr old step son who has ADHD. HE is on medication. He blames me for everything, dad is the good guy all the time, we go to therapy. He knows how to act and right from wrong. He degrades me, tells me to leave his house, has recently started using vulgar language like calling me a ***** .His real mother has never been his life. That's because she is not the best person. She smoked pot when she was pregnant with him. She has bipolar disorder. We were attending family therapy and the social worker was talking about a diagnoses of Mood Disorder.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 14, 2013, 07:46 AM
    This is a question and answer site.

What is your question?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 14, 2013, 10:23 AM
    How long have you been in this youngsters life?
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2013, 10:44 AM
    You should research with the doctor how ritalin reacts differently in kids once the child starts puberty.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 14, 2013, 11:13 AM
    I'm still not getting the question - but it's one of those days.

Where is the father in this picture? The child is calling the stepmother names and she's asking for advice? I get that part, but, again, where's the child and what is the arrangement for "handling" the child?
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2013, 11:27 AM
    And where is the very consistent behavior modification program? If the parents don't know how there are people that teach behavior mod. But honestly if you are going to use it, you have to be extremely consistent from Day 1.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mood swings [ 1 Answers ]

Im having a lot of problems with anger lately, like I put it into my own head my boyfriend cheated on me, and got so angry I hit him. I went mad at people on a bus for no reason because I think they were staring at me, it's a weird anger I get really hot and shakey after, I also can't sleep, I...

12 year old son is having massive mood swings! [ 9 Answers ]

My son started midle school this year and he is changing.. in different ways. He's maturing, but also acts very immature. He's my only child and I guess it's just puberty, or the change of schools. He used to confide in me about everything, not anymore, he's very secretive now. He is very emotional...

MOOD Swings. [ 3 Answers ]

As every body knows mood swings are a guys favorite part of pregnancy.(NOT) My girlfriend has them quite frequently now and I don't know what to do? For instance she screams at me and tells me to leave. Well I did one time and when I called her she was crying so hard she was choking. So the next...

Mood swings [ 1 Answers ]

What's a mood swing?

Mood Swings [ 6 Answers ]

I would like all of your opinions. Mood swings during pregnancy? For this last part of my wife's pregnancy. The last month or so. It has been a losing battle. Does not matter what I say, doesn't matter that I try to talk to her in a way that Calm, relaxed and easy going. Yet, she is very rude...

View more questions Search