Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    piano-one Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2013, 07:48 PM
    Need help identifying an old heist movie
    I have been looking for this movie title for quite a long time. I thought that it was a Danny Kaye movie, but I have looked up all of his movies and I can't match this particular one to any of them.

The movie came out sometime in the 1950s, or maybe possibly in the early 1960s. I don't remember a lot of the movie, just some specific details. It was a comedy heist caper involving an attempted heist in a harem. The treasure room had a small window with two rows of bars across it - one of the members of the heist team was a harem girl who was a contortionist and could work her way through the bars by doing a full 180-degree backward bend of her spine.

The only scene from the movie that I have a clear memory of is near the end. Something has gone wrong and the heist isn't going to work out; all of the characters end up in the treasure room, coming in from different directions - including the harem girl snaking her way through the bars.

Again, I always remembered the lead character being Danny Kaye, but I can't find one of his movies that matches up with this plot. If it wasn't him, then it was another similar actor from the same time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

May 16, 2013, 09:12 AM
    I think you might be looking for The Prince Who Was a Thief... I took the below comment off IMDB:
    ....Do you remember the part when she flipped in through the window like a gymnast? More like a contortionist. I loved that part. Thats when I fell in love with her :).....
    Prince Who Was a Thief 1951 - Tony Curtis - Piper Laurie - YouTube

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help identifying this movie [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I need help finding a movie that contained a scene that literally shocked me when I was a boy and the memory has stuck with me ever since the day I watched it. It`s a US film (I think) It`s in the country (or a farm of some sort) There is a blond hot attractive mentally challenged/borderline...

What was the name a heist movie that takes place in Brasil, released about 1970 or so [ 3 Answers ]

I remember enjoying this movie about 1969-1972 or so. It was a heist movie that takes place in a port city of Brasil (I believe). It starts by the planner asking for heist participants with particular skills from a list of available personnel, who all are then hired and assemble at the place...

Help on identifying the name of the movie [ 3 Answers ]

There is a movie that I have been trying to find but to no avail. I only know the story of the movie but not the title. The story goes like this: there is this guy who is in some form of experiment in which he took part in and is given a large portion of the company's shares. He was being injected...

Movie where teens dress up like Blues Brothers to fake heist, but get into real heist [ 2 Answers ]

Three teens live in a backwater town where nothing ever happens, so they plan to put the town on the map by staging a mob hit. They put on black suits and sunglasses, then when one of them steps out of the diner the other two are supposed to stop the car, shoot him with blanks and throw him in the...

Need help identifying movie [ 1 Answers ]

I saw it long time ago, and it really is bothering me, that I can't remember what it is. I only remember two scenes from it: Man goes into hotel room or similar place, can't remember. There's maid who offers him room services, blowjob being one of them. She tells the man to call, if he wants...

View more questions Search