Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ktaphous Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2013, 06:58 PM
    Moen Tub Valve Leaking When Another Faucet Runs
    I have a single handle moen tub faucet, it started to leak when water was running from a different faucet. I replaced the cartridge & about 2 months later it did it again, so I replaced the cartridge again, now about 3 weeks later it is doing it again. Any ideas on the problem?

Thanks
    Ken

May 12, 2013, 07:17 PM
    Single handle moen tub faucet
    I have a single handle moen tub faucet that started leaking when another faucet was being used, so I replaced the cartridge, about 1month later it started leaking again, now 3 weeks later it is doing again.
    Any ideas what going on?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 13, 2013, 01:29 PM
    Hi ktaphoius and welcome to The Plumbing Page at AMHD.com. You're responding to a 7 year old dead threads so I gave you one of your own. Please check the date before you post. Thanks
    When you had the cartridge out did you turn the water back on for a few seconds to flush out the supplies and valve body? Back to you. Tom

May 13, 2013, 01:54 PM
    Yes I did, I also stuck my finger in there to make sure I didn't feel anything
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

May 13, 2013, 08:20 PM
    What's your house water pressure ? Set pressure to 55psi and see if the problem continues. Back to you. Milo

May 14, 2013, 01:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Dolezal View Post
    What's your house water pressure ? Set pressure to 55psi and see if the problem continues. Back to you. Milo
    Not sure. I do have well water & the water pressure actually seems pretty low, definitely not as high as city water.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking Moen Tub Faucet [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there. My tub faucet worked fine this morning (it is a Moen single handle lever tub/shower type faucet). Then, about 4 hours later I tried the tap again to run a bath and it didn't work. Instead of the normal water supply, there was a small stream of very cold water. When I tried to turn...

Moen facet leaking at central valve [ 4 Answers ]

I have a moen facet for the shower and tub. Recently I have had to make the bath tub more friendly for the disabled which included adding an attachment which allows the water to go into a hand held sprayer arm. Yesterday while using the attachment, the water started to leak from the primary...

Diverter valve, Moen faucet [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older model Moen faucet. This evening, we were bathing our daughter in the sink and was using the spray hose intermittently (uh... cause she pooped in her tub!) That's when we lost all water flow to the faucet. Water only comes out of the sprayer (when I press on the sprayer...

Diverter valve for Moen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I need to replace the diverter valve (1225) on the kitchen faucet. Do I need to remove the entire faucet to do this? If so how do I do this? Thanks

View more questions Search