Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amy12389034 Posts: 21, Reputation: -3

May 12, 2013, 12:37 PM
    What time do you think an 11 year old should go to bed at ?
    HIIII I would really like to know what time an 11 year old should go to sleep at
    I am now going bed at 8:30pm on a school night and 9:00pm on a weekend.
    I keep going on about it to my parents but they don't really listen.

What time you think an 11 year old should be going bed at ?

Please Please Please commet and give me your opinion xxxx it would really help
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 12, 2013, 12:39 PM
    That sounds correct to me. That was the schedule for my sons when they were your age. Kids need sleep.

Is it hard to get you out of bed in the morning?

By the way, the more you "go on about it" with your parents, the more firm they will be and even come up with NEW rules.

May 12, 2013, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    That sounds correct to me. That was the schedule for my sons when they were your age. Kids need sleep.

Is it hard to get you out of bed in the morning?

By the way, the more you "go on about it" with your parents, the more firm they will be and even come up with NEW rules.
    No not that hard xxx my mum only has to tell me 3 times maximum to get up
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 12, 2013, 12:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amy12389034 View Post
    no not that hard xxx my mum only has to tell me 3 times maximum to get up
    THREE TIMES?? Good grief. Maybe you should go to bed even earlier.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 12, 2013, 03:30 PM
    What time to you have to get up for school?

My brother and his wife told their 8 children to read in bed for 30 minutes before sleep, regardless of what time each had to go to bed. I think it worked - got them calmed down from running around, fighting, TV, music, and video games.

It always works for me as an adult - I can't read 10 minutes lying down or even leaning way back on the couch without passing out.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 12, 2013, 03:46 PM
    Those times sound good to me too. Your parents shouldn't have to tell you more than once to get up.

And you still want to claim that your parents allow you to date?

And one more time. Use real punctuation, not xxx
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 12, 2013, 03:51 PM
    In fact, at your age my sons had their own alarm clocks and made sure they set the clocks right and then got up on their own. I didn't yell over and over to get them up. If they missed school because they couldn't get up, they had to suffer the consequences with the school and their teachers. As you can imagine, they didn't miss school more than once.

May 12, 2013, 11:30 PM
    I wake up in the morning at 7:30am.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 12, 2013, 11:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amy12389034 View Post
    I wake up in the morning at 7:30am.
    That late? My sons started their school day then.

May 15, 2013, 12:05 PM
    Oh my gosh that's early ! I have talked to my mum about this and she said that if u get up and be ready by 8:20am (we go to school at 8:30am) then my bed time on school nights can now be 9:00pm.
    Thanks for all the help . I really appreciate it
    busymomma2013 Posts: 282, Reputation: 20

May 15, 2013, 12:09 PM
    I think that a reasonable time for bed for an 11 year old is 8pm on a school night and 9pm on a weekend. :)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 19, 2013, 11:36 AM
    Bottom line, your parents are the ones that make the rules, so it really doesn't matter what a group of strangers thinks.

My daughter is 10, my son is 14. My daughter has to get up for school at 7am, her bus leaves at 7:50am. She gets up, eats breakfast, has a shower (every second day) gets dressed, and packs her backpack. Her bed time is between 8:30-9pm. On the weekends she's allowed to stay up until 10pm.

My son has a bed time of 10pm, he doesn't have to get up until 7:30am. He prefers to shower in the evening, so he showers before bed. I drive him to school, or he walks or bikes. He doesn't have to leave the house until 8:15am. On weekends he's allowed to stay up until 11pm.

But those are my rules, I'm their mom. I'm not yours. Your parents make the rules for you, so follow them. Getting a bunch of strangers to give you their advice, won't change the rules your parents have for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 2 year want to sleep in my bed [ 3 Answers ]

My 2year old son has always been a bad sleeper but since we put him in bed he wakes up and I find him sleeping next to me I get up and put him back in bed but half an hour later he is back saying mummies bed. I also have to lay next to him until he falls asleep how do I get him out of this someone...

Night time bed wetting [ 5 Answers ]

My son is 11 years old and had stopped bed wetting @ 8 years old... he restarted this past September and I am at a loss... we have tried waking him, he sleeps so soundly we can't Get him up. The doctor recommeded meds but they did not work. HELP!

My 3 yr old and bed time [ 6 Answers ]

hi, i have a 3 year old, and i have been trying to get her to sleep in her own room without me. We just moved into a new house and she has never had her on room. So someone told me when she gets out of bed not to say anything to her and put her back in bed. It seems like its never ending. i'm up...

Problems getting 14 year old out of bed! [ 18 Answers ]

My daughter is 14 and I struggle every morning of the week getting her out of bed for school. I have made her go to bed earlier to no avail. Have made her set alarm clock and if she does not get up on her own I wait until she does and she is tardy for school still doesn't help. I am ready to...

How Do I Put My 3 Year Old to Sleep When its Bed Time? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi , I am Having Problems With My Three Year Old Daugter. She has always had Problems Sleeping... Which She Does Not Like To Sleep! But Since My twins were Born its Gotten Worse Then EVER!! I am trying to Break the Bad Habit , So my Twins won't fall in the same Trap! Please Help!! ...

View more questions Search