Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bflyin83 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2013, 10:25 AM
    No cold water running out of bathroom two handled faucet
    Need some help. My parents have a basic(no name brand & what came with the mobile home 10 yrs ago) two-handle tub/shower faucet in their master bath. I tried the sink and both the hot and cold works for that. The problem is that only the hot water works in the bathroom tub. There's absolutely NO cold water coming out at all, not even a drip. I don't know the cause or what to do as I'm not a fixer upper with plumbing. Any help/advice?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 12, 2013, 11:38 AM
    This would usually be caused by debris in the inlet but you get dips most of the time. The inlet is clogged or the stem is striped. Shut off the main and disassemble the stem after removing the handle. Soory, can't be more specific without a brand

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold Water Only on One Handled Tub/Shower Faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I have cold water only in my tub/shower. The faucet is a moen 82008SRN single handle. The faucet is in a guest room that has not been used in 3-4 years. The sink that runs off the same water line runs hot. The sink is further down the water line. Do I have a problem with temperature limit...

Cold water comes out of hot water faucet, but only in one bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

Just moved in 4 months ago. Cold water comes out of the hot water faucet, but this occurs only in one bathroom. Everywhere else (kitchen, other bathrooms), the hot water comes out okay. House is ranch-style (1 level). Even if I wait a long time (10 minutes), water still stays cold in just that...

No cold water running out of single lever bathroom faucet [ 3 Answers ]

Tonight, while my wife was running the water in our bathroom faucet, the cold water instantly shut off - almost like a switch - there was not drop in pressure or any noticeable change before it shut off. I turned off the cold water to the faucet and turned it back on and the same thing happened....

Dripping in wall after running cold water in bathroom only [ 8 Answers ]

After I run the cold water in the shower, toilet & bathroom there is a dripping sound.. in the wall... this last for a little while and disappears... Does not happen when I run the cold water in any other part of the house.

Hot water stopped running in bathroom faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Now I've been doing a little reading of similar problems in the blogs and suspect I have an airlock. Here's what's going on... While the water was running, in the hot position, it spontaneously stopped. The hot water is working in the shower and the kitchen -- the only other outlets. I have a...

View more questions Search