Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    24fan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 01:08 PM
    RV Park Liability - Damage to property
    I paid a year's rental at an RV Park, I pay for my electric monthly to the RV Park after they send me a bill. The road behind the park has been widened due to a new apartment complex being built and therefore the fence bordering the property had to be torn down. The construction company responsible for the apartment complex contracted out a fence company to rebuild the fence. Upon digging for the fence poles the fence company hit electrical lines on the RV park property which caused a power surge through our neutral line and caught our converter on fire in our RV and blew out our TV's, satellite receivers, microwave, and 2 water pumps. The RV Park at first said they would pay to have everything repaired but now they are saying they won't. Since I was not involved in the specifics of this construction project I am getting everyone pointing fingers at each other and leaving us w/ no appliances and a burnt converter. The RV park stated I needed to hire an attorney and go after fence people myself. How do I do that when I just rent here? How do I even know that is who I need to go after?
    Because there were also phone lines involved that were cut, I am getting information from the phone company that the RV Park did not have their lines marked - the only lines marked were the ones in the right of way on the road and the phone. So I would probably just waste my time going after the fence company in that case. But like I said I don't know the specifics. Everyone tells me to hire an attorney. Yea - I am going to hire an attorney for $250 hr for him to tell me sorry he can't help me or there isn't anything he can do. I am already out a lot of money. I have been trying to find the business owner instead of just the RV park management (there no help) but I have traced it to a real estate company through a county records search. How do I find out actually who owns this business? Is that who I go after?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 22, 2007, 01:20 PM
    Of course you can sue, you need to list the fence company and also the RV Park. And in court you can demand through discovery who the owner of the property is, and include them also if you want.

But the fence company most likely will be held responsible to you, and then they can in return sue the park for not marking the lines. But in your suit, you basically sue all for them, and allow the judge to determine fault.
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Mar 22, 2007, 05:32 PM
    Estimate the cost of the items damaged and then SUE everybody - RV park, construciton co and fence company. Let the judge sort it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Damage to city property due to car accident [ 1 Answers ]

In December of 2003, while driving, I got into a car accident. My back tires hit a patch of ice, and I swerved into the oncoming traffic, so I reacted quickly and wound up jumping a curb, sliding across a fence, and then the car stopped. The fence (chain link) had some minor damage, and my car was...

Fire damage at rental property [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had a fire in my apartment. I was told by the owner of the property that their insurance company is going to sue me for repayment of the damages. What are my rights as a tenant? Can they really sue me?

Little help please - criminal damage to property [ 8 Answers ]

If criminal damage to property occurs to a vehicle driven by a man whose wife holds title and registration to the vehicle and someone is indicted for damaging the property of the man, even though he has no title or legal claim to the vehicle is named solely in the indictment as the property owner,...

? About insurance coverage to someone's property I damage [ 1 Answers ]

I damaged some property at an office building. It was my fault. Does my homeowner's liability insurance cover that? If not, is there insurance that does cover it?

View more questions Search