Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hillbilly46 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2013, 04:10 PM
    Submersible deep well pump
    Pump will build up pressure to 60 psi but when using water the pump will not build back pressure above 40 psi, but then when not using water it will build back up to 60 psi. What is the cause of this?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 11, 2013, 06:57 PM
    Sounds like the pump cannot supply enough volume to keep up with what you are using. You can do a simple test to find out. Turn on water until the pump kicks on. Turn off the water, and time how long it takes for the pump to get up to cut off pressure. Write that time down. Now turn water on and measure how many gallons you get until the pump kicks on again.

For illustration, let's suppose it takes three minutes to get to cut off pressure. Then you get nine gallons before the pump cuts on again. That would be three gallons per minute. You would like to get at least four or five.

Reason? Could be a weak pump, well cannot deliver enough water, or bad well pipe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How deep is my submersible pump? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an electric pump,and I was looking into getting a hand pump for a back-up, but I need to know how deep my submersible is , and also how deep is the water level. I was thinking of dropping some kind of rope or a tape measure with a weight at the end into the well pipe, that way I can measure...

Deep-well submersible pump pressure tanks/switches [ 3 Answers ]

I purchased my home 6yrs ago with low well recovery. I just replaced my submersible pump. Gained crazy pressue however my toilet keeps running now. Cannot find any pressure tank, do you have any suggestions?

Submersible deep pump [ 9 Answers ]

I just had a new pump put in yesterday I started to run the water today as I was told to do so by the guy who installed the new pump. After an hour of running the water the water stopped.. so I'm back where I started no water! Everything is on can anyone help me out?

Submersible deep well water pump [ 5 Answers ]

I have a submersible deep well pump. Old pump quit working replaced with new pump supply line and pressure switch still no water you can hear pump run

In a 160 ft. Deep well with a submersible pump, pressure has gone from 60 to 45 psi [ 5 Answers ]

Water pressure began to degrade about 2 week ago the pump continued to run with pressure switch at 60PSI, reduced pressure switch to 55 ans it was OK, after 1 week pump could not achieve 55PSI. I dropped the pressure to 50PSI. It continues to degrade. Does this sound like a bad pump?

View more questions Search